Midlothian Archery Clubs?

Stace

Evening,

I'm (hopefully) moving to the Midlothian area in the summer and would be interested to hear from anyone else from this area.
I've searched for clubs and there seems to be two reasonably close - Penicuik and Lasswade. Are there any archers from either club on here?

JackC

I used to be a member at Lasswade before moving South two years ago. Their indoor facilities are excellent (20 yards for a half hall and 25m if they book the full hall), however, I've not shot at their current outdoor range as it has changed since I left. On the nights I have made it back recently for Christmas/Easter it has always been pretty busy so they must be doing something right. Penicuik is also a good venue to shoot (I've been as a visitor a few times). Their hall is an 18m range and again it is quite busy on club nights. Their outdoor range is a perfectly good place to shoot distances up to 90m. It is very common for archers from either of these clubs to visit the other as they have different club nights. Another option in the area is Edinburgh City Bowmen. They shoot at Meadowbank and have an indoor range up to 25m. I don't think they shoot outdoors. The best thing you can do is just go along and see what you prefer and see what shooting times suit you best as none of their sessions overlap. All three clubs welcome visitors with valid AGB cards so it is possible to try before you buy.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Hi - Lasswade shoot Wednesday evening nd Saturday afternoons, Penicuik Friday nights and Sunday mornings.

Both friendly clubs :)