[Horsebow] Mongolian horsebow category

vaughan

I shoot a Mongolian horsebow. Can anyone tell me what category I should be in for competitions? Longbow? Barebow? Something else? It doesn't have a rest, the arrow sits on the knuckle, and no sight.

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Under GNAS rules it's barebow recurve for both target and field , but if you shoot wooden arrows in field it's traditional recurve.

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Whether its barebow or recurve would depend on whether the string rests on the back of the bow or not after the tip. there was a discussion about flatbows and which catagory they came under thats got me thinking this. But your probably barebow.

English Bowman

Whether its barebow or recurve would depend on whether the string rests on the back of the bow or not after the tip. there was a discussion about flatbows and which catagory they came under thats got me thinking this. But your probably barebow.
Sorry, this makes no sense at all. #
1st The string lies along the belly, the back of the bow is the part of the bow facing away from the archer when the bow is being shot. I think what you mean is that it will be an American Flatbow if the string only touches the bow at the nocks, and doesn't lay down the belly (inside) of the limb.

2nd It doesn't matter where the string is for GNAS target it will be barebow. For GNAS field as woodsplitter said, it's either Trad or barebow depending on arrows and technique used.

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Yes I ment the belly, not the back. Sorry blaming lack of sleep for this, late nights due to the little one.

pmsoft85

If a horse bow is shot as barebow, some of the fancy handles could be said to have the ability to be used at sighting aids, could this be an issue?

Last edited: