Mornings are a breeze...

Des

Supporter
Supporter
Shot quite a lot this week, although i?ve had to force myself a bit with it being a bit colder and breezy.

Tricky to tell just how windy the field is going to be. I tend to look out the window when I wake up and if it?s dry i?ll carry on, if it?s wet i?m back to bed. If when I take the dog for a walk it is a bit breezy, you can guarantee the field will be force 10 gales. If it is a bit windy, I?ll shoot from behind the car with the boot up as a wind break which works ok.

The first thing I did on Tuesday morning was to take a turn off the poundage, and up the brace height a bit, so the bow feels even better.

Wednesday, shot 120 arrows at 40y, trying to keep them all in the gold if I could. Didn?t manage it too many times.

Yesterday morning I shot a 50m 720. First couple of ends felt really nice. Comfortable and stable. The next few ends not so great, partly because it started raining briefly but mostly because I shot them badly. Picked it up a bit as the round went on, quite a strong finish. After scoring I shot a few ends at 20y, and somehow managed to glance one off the top of the boss which I can?t find. Down to 9 arrows.

Really quite cold and windy this morning. Had another hunt for the lost arrow when I arrived but no sign. Shot 8 arrow ends at 40y on a 80cm face. Difficult to shoot good shots, didn?t worry too much about groups just shot as many as I could, 110.

Overall it does feel like it?s starting to get better. I?m a lot more comfortable towards the end of the session than I was a few weeks ago.

Entered a couple more shoots, aiming to maybe do one a month if I can. There?s the county match against Bedfordshire on 18th May, then i?ve entered the Netherall/Cambs FITA Star on 22nd June, and the other is the 2nd Caswell on 13th July. Want to stick to FITA's mainly in a bid to try and get towards MB I guess.