Nano Max & Border Hex6.6 Stolen - Rothley (Leics) area

AndyS

Supporter
Supporter
When I turned round from plotting my last end this evening, all that was left on the shooting line was my bow stand & stringer! I can only assume I was being watched to see how long it took me to walk down and plot an end (shooting/plotting 12s as tuning so slower than usual) then they hopped over the fence and nicked it whilst my back was turned. I didn't see anyone about, but there are quite a lot of trees behind the shooting line.

Anyway, I am now missing:

Win and Win Wiawis Nano Max 25" Riser - Black/Orange - RH - grip modified with black Sugru
Medium 68? Border Hex 6.6-H limbs 40lbs @ 29?matt clear finish
Shibuya Ultima Carbon Recurve Sight + Beiter 12mm Sight Tunnel
Shibuya Magnetic Rest Ultima ? Black
Beiter Button ? Black
Mybo Aeris Long Rod - 33" ? Black
2x Mybo Aeris Short Rod - 15" ? Black
Mybo Universal Extender - 4" ? Black
Mybo Fixed 40 V-Bar ? Black
Mybo Crescent Clicker
Orange string
Black Sony Tripod
Unbranded 20x60 spotting scope

It's been reported to the police but probably the best hope is of someone spotting it somewhere.
I can't find the serial numbers for the riser / limbs, but will update when I find them.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Dammit.
What's the crime number - I'll share across my social media, and on the Border lost/stolen section. Were you on club land or your own garden?
No good to you now, but I have toyed with the idea of something like a dashcam set to keep an eye on my kit (with lots of notices informing thieves of this).

AndyS

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks TT,

Incident number is 631 13/08/2018

A friend has already put something out on Facebook (I don't use it) so hopefully the word is spreading there. Also notified Border, and Merlin as the local retailer, and of course our club!

I was on the club field which is by an old farm, so we only tend to see the occasional dog-walker etc. We have 24/7 access, private land, fenced all round etc, but there are a couple of points behind the shooting line where there is a break in the barbed wire strand along the top. There are a lot of trees bushes between the field and the access lane so it wouldn't be difficult to lurk out of sight, and a busy dual carriageway is only a short distance beyond the access lane - so a lot of road noise, you wouldn't have to be particular stealthy not to be heard by someone at the targets.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
If you have pics it would be helpful while we trawl Ebay, small ads etc.

AndyS

Supporter
Supporter
Yep, no problem with that, it's supposed to be a read only link. Thanks.

Just spoken to our contents insurers and it looks like I am covered so that's a relief!