Need a new release

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Again, I advise short range shooting with no sight for now, so close you can't miss the boss; just to focus on how it feels when you trigger with nothing to fear and nothing to suppress. You will feel the power of the power stroke as if you generated it, just like smacking a ball with a baseball bat.
From my earlier post, I was explaining one way to get some freedom to work on just the feeling. The feeling we both agree is vital( take the sight off FOR NOW) The sight will need to go back on in order to put everything together, as you say.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
the following refers to a wrist release.
There is nothing to 'Master' in triggering it is that simple, it's just like clicking a mouse button. Do you hear of anyone complaining that they have a hair trigger on their mouse button and can't control it? of course not.
Well you would think, but I have lost count of the times my finger has hovered over the mouse button only to spasm slightly and click the button :)

jerryRTD

From my earlier post, I was explaining one way to get some freedom to work on just the feeling. The feeling we both agree is vital( take the sight off FOR NOW) The sight will need to go back on in order to put everything together, as you say.
I am not sure the sight is vital for correct anchor position because anchor position determins peep to fore sight alignment. and without that sight those arrows could go anywhere. I am going to try dome thing and get back to you.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Jerry I think we are getting at cross purposes here. I have shot my compound many times without a sight, I do it as a regular exercise. What you see through the peep when you are 5m away is pretty good at showing where the arrows will land.
Think of it like this; when you get to anchor and look through the peep, what do you see? The front sight, yes? What do you see through the front sight, the gold and some other colours,yes? Where is the gold? In the middle of the scope; and therefore in the middle of the hole you see when looking through the peep. At 5m where would your scope be placed? Up at the 20y setting? NO! down where the front scope is when you shoot 50m or so. So the normal alignment of peep and scope if the scope was fitted. Normal anchor point for medium distances. With both eyes open, looking at the boss the view is easier on the eyes than with the scope. It almost seems like shooting barebow.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Jerry I think we are getting at cross purposes here. I have shot my compound many times without a sight, I do it as a regular exercise. What you see through the peep when you are 5m away is pretty good at showing where the arrows will land.
Think of it like this; when you get to anchor and look through the peep, what do you see? The front sight, yes? What do you see through the front sight, the gold and some other colours,yes? Where is the gold? In the middle of the scope; and therefore in the middle of the hole you see when looking through the peep. At 5m where would your scope be placed? Up at the 20y setting? NO! down where the front scope is when you shoot 50m or so. So the normal alignment of peep and scope if the scope was fitted. Normal anchor point for medium distances. With both eyes open, looking at the boss the view is easier on the eyes than with the scope. It almost seems like shooting barebow.