never give up

rod

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
I done a tournament on Sunday, and boy was it hot.
it was only a western so nothing too serious, anyway thing did not start off too well as there was a wasp that really fancied sitting on my bowhand while i was at full draw. so i had to come down several times to give it a swipe, it then thought it would be better to buzz around the bottom of my shorts.
so the first arrows where a 3 & 5. not the sort of start i would like. After 4 doz at 60 yards my score was 364, well down on what it should have been, and laying in 6th position. i was twelve point behind matty in 4th and sixteen behind mark in 3rd.
so onto the 50 yards, the first two arrows where dropping low, it was now very hot and humid so i think all that humid air was slowing the arrows down. anyway i found out that matty had a stinker as well and the gap was now only 6 points, mark was too far away from me to know how he was doing,so my score for the 50 yard was 404 which put me on 768, matty ended up on 760.
when winners where announced i came 3rd. mark got 766 and 4th. seem that mark had a stinker as well.
Moral of the story; Never give up.
i went home a happy bunny.