New armguard needed Avalon slip on or Easton bone?

Lartin

So long story short I broke/ wore out my armguard and need a new one, should I get the avalon slip on or just replace my Easton bone?

Corax67

Were you happy with your old Easton one ?

If yes then replace, if no then this is the perfect time to try something different.

Karl

Lartin

Didn't hate it but it also didn't sit just right on my arm, and ended up with some cuts after how it broke. Still it was a nice thing for the price.

Corax67

Fair enough - two archers in our club use slip on armguards, not sure what make (possibly Bohning) but quite a few just wear a bit of cheap tubular bandage / tubigrip under their usual guard.

For longbow I do this - I don't hit my arm with recurve & wear a very narrow Bohning guard but have caught myself a couple of times with longbow (just learning the basics of technique) so I go for the extra protection.

Two possible side effects of the slip on guards are in the summer - can be sweaty underneath on really hot days plus you will have one white forearm & one tanned one on a long days shooting :)

Karl

Geophys

I've gone through a number of the Easton guards, but have now got fed up with the plastic of the magnetic catches breaking. Probably a bit of operator error, but not just mine, I know of one archery shop that carries them, but is quite reluctant to sell them and actually warns prospective buyers about the catch breaking problem. I use the flex Le Brunet now and love it.