New Field Distances?

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
My Archery UK magazine arrived this morning and there was an article entitled "Field: new shorter target distranges".

As well as new pegs that are not to be used for WRS or Arrowhead shoots the article talks about:

• The Red and Blue pegs being "Adjusted Shooting Positions" - but I'm not seeing what's been adjusted. Anyone have any idea what's changed?
  • The "other" peg, which my understanding is, is white in some countries but yellow in others. But the article is talking about both white and yellow pegs, at different distances.

There's no clues in the article as to when this change starts, or whether it has started already.

Can anyone explain this to me more simply, with particular respect to what I'm going to see on the ground in Inverawe (Oban) on Saturday?

:confused:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
My Archery UK magazine arrived this morning and there was an article entitled "Field: new shorter target distranges".

As well as new pegs that are not to be used for WRS or Arrowhead shoots the article talks about:

• The Red and Blue pegs being "Adjusted Shooting Positions" - but I'm not seeing what's been adjusted. Anyone have any idea what's changed?
  • The "other" peg, which my understanding is, is white in some countries but yellow in others. But the article is talking about both white and yellow pegs, at different distances.

There's no clues in the article as to when this change starts, or whether it has started already.

Can anyone explain this to me more simply, with particular respect to what I'm going to see on the ground in Inverawe (Oban) on Saturday?

:confused:
The white peg and yellow pegs are different, in that the yellow peg is one that has been brought in by WA, to function in a similar manner to the already existing GNAS white peg.

I'm not sure about the whole 'adjusted shooting positions'... I can only assume that the wrong word has been picked (or spell checker has struck)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Oh, and I'll see you on Saturday then! :) I'm coming up to shoot Oban

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
You won’t be seeing any yellow pegs this weekend...

Looking forward to seeing you there - forecast looks good!