New indoor arrows - advice please

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I'm sure this will have been asked before, but here goes anyway:
I posted a little while ago about how my ACCs made an incredible difference to my outdoor shooting - is there anything comparable in terms of quality for indoor arrows, since the season is fast approaching? For reference, at present I have a set of off the shelf purple Jazzs, which are starting to get rather battered anyway. I'd call my budget as the upper end of average (I paid ?200-ish for the ACCs), so I'm not looking for ridiculous levels of quality, but something nicer than the Jazzs would be good.
Any ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks, Emma.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
A question that I have been pondering long too!

Right now, I'm tending towards getting 8x CE X-Buster shafts spiffed up to my tastes - heavy points & long vanes, maybe socks too if I can stretch the pennies that far. Shouldn't cost more than about ?110.

- Because I love the black purity of carbon!

There is a new Easton indoor arrow being released soon(ish) though, might be worth taking a look if you can afford it.

jonUK76

Hi, a recent development is Easton RX7's which are supposedly the new pinnacle in indoor arrows. They are barrelled fat diameter aluminium arrows. However, to me they don't look a good match for low draw weight/short draw recurve archers.

Personally, last year I just used some Avalon Tec One shafts I bought for ?40 for a dozen (bargain) with pin nocks and Kurly vanes. I know most use wider arrows, and these are very skinny, but at the price I didn't mind them getting bashed up and I found my scores improved over using the X7's, with PB's of around 530 in the FITA 18 and 570 in the Portsmouth (previous year I think my PB Portsmouth was 530-something).

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I still like my X7 eclipse. You can either get the right spine or go longer and heavier and add weight at the front and big feathers at the back. Pretty indestructible, lots of accessories to fit and they're cheap.

LAC Mark

I agree with TT, X7's make a great indoor arrow.
They also have very wide spine bands, so going up in poundage often isn't an issue (once retuned).

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yep X7's for me too.. I robin hooded three last year, but they are cheap enough for it to not be an issue....

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
That's great, nice to have such a consensus. Just checked on a few websites, and X7s are well within budget too, so that's brilliant. I'll probably wait until we're back from our hols at the beginning of September, but I know that my preferred supplier can get them built and shipped within 2 days, so that's fine. I don't have enough poundage or draw length to make the RX7s viable, and I suspect they're going to be out of budget, too, so X7s are the way to go, I think.
Thank you all, it's much appreciated.