NFAS

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Well I just renewed my NFAS membership - I hope we get to use it a bit more this year but for a mere £30 for me and my son, just a couple of shoots would do!

Riceburner

Well I just renewed my NFAS membership - I hope we get to use it a bit more this year but for a mere £30 for me and my son, just a couple of shoots would do!

Yup - applied for renewal on the 2nd.

Now just have to wait for the woods to open up and rejoin the nearest club.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Now just have to wait for the woods to open up and rejoin the nearest club.
I know that I'm lucky that Nicola hasn't shut down socially distanced outdoor exercise with sanitation measures in effect, and that the field course is so close to my house.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
I’m wondering if we can use our field about two miles away; it’s in the same parish but clearly we’d need to drive there. As I’m not sure, I’m leaving it for now.

offthearrowshelf

yes we renewed and got cards through in a couple of days.
Our club has a brand new wood waiting to have a course set out in but can't access it until lockdown is cleared.
Just wishing everyone well. Stay safe, stay well

Riceburner

I’m wondering if we can use our field about two miles away; it’s in the same parish but clearly we’d need to drive there. As I’m not sure, I’m leaving it for now.
That's walkable isn't it? You'll even be carrying the gear to prove you're doing 'daily exercise'. :D

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
The latest info I have is...
"Indoor gyms and sports facilities will remain closed in lockdown and will be joined by outdoor sports venues, including tennis courts, golf courses and swimming pools.
Archery, driving and shooting ranges and riding arenas must also close. Organised outdoor sport for disabled people is allowed to continue."

Not sure why fishing is fine if it is local 😕

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
The latest info I have is...
"Indoor gyms and sports facilities will remain closed in lockdown and will be joined by outdoor sports venues, including tennis courts, golf courses and swimming pools.
Archery, driving and shooting ranges and riding arenas must also close. Organised outdoor sport for disabled people is allowed to continue."

Not sure why fishing is fine if it is local 😕
It’s tricky as it’s not actually a shooting/archery range; it’s just a field.

AndyW

Oh - and speaking of the NFAS - anyone know how long their forum has been down, and when it might be back up?
It wasn't put back on when they revamped the website. My guess is that it was shall we say "problematic" for the committee of the time due to some of the views expressed there. It was extremely fun and i miss it a lot.
Oh the Halcyon days of baiting ageing lignophiles - fond memories.

4d4m

Given Boris can travel 7miles to go cycling, I don't see why you can't go shooting 2 miles away in your own field.
I can't stand Boris, but that's such a non-story. I'm >50 and unfit but if I go out for an hour's ride I can easily cover 14 miles and I live in a hilly area. Less than an hour is hardly worth the effort of getting the bike out and kitted up

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
I can't stand Boris, but that's such a non-story. I'm >50 and unfit but if I go out for an hour's ride I can easily cover 14 miles and I live in a hilly area. Less than an hour is hardly worth the effort of getting the bike out and kitted up
Similar here. I cycle on hilly terrain at about 12-15mph average. I think he’s an absolute goon and trashing this nation but that’s not one to score points with.

Riceburner

It wasn't put back on when they revamped the website. My guess is that it was shall we say "problematic" for the committee of the time due to some of the views expressed there. It was extremely fun and i miss it a lot.
Oh the Halcyon days of baiting ageing lignophiles - fond memories.
Problematic or not, (and despite the issues of online communications), it was still a useful source.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Similar here. I cycle on hilly terrain at about 12-15mph average. I think he’s an absolute goon and trashing this nation but that’s not one to score points with.
Points? It was simply a frame of reference. I have no other.

Last edited: