Non ILF limbs

garryplymouth1

Hi all. I'm looking for someone who can make a set of non ILF limbs for me. Just simple glass/wood construction. I have original limbs which can be used as a pattern. Hope to hear from any clever people who like a challenge.

Berny

Maybe if you tell us what bow/riser they go with someone might have a spare pair?

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Also, sometimes it's an easy conversion on the limbs. IIRC Das Dalaa and some hoyt hunting limb fittings are easy to convert.

garryplymouth1

I have a Yamaha YTSLII (Image) which shot when I was 16. I'm 54 now and can't handle the existing limbs so hoping to find someone who can make a lighter pair.

Berny

What length & weight have you got?
What do you want?
Someone might offer you a pair or a swap ....

Stretch

I get the reminiscing bit but realistically you are unlikely to find Yammy limbs of this vintage in this draw weight. Custom limbs would put you back way more than it is worth. The YTSL II was a good riser but is prone to corrosion issues, so it may last forever but equally might break after just a few shots.

Buying secondhand limbs would be an OK option, I just don’t think you’ll find any. Might be worth checking the dealers in the Netherlands where Yamaha were very popular.

My recommendation would be to buy an entry level kit for a couple of hundred quid and see where it takes you.

Stretch

Berny

I saw somewhere else that 25# (mediums on long riser) was lowest they went,
but in your favour is YTSL II limb compatibility with YTD, YTSL, EX ....

garryplymouth1

I get the reminiscing bit but realistically you are unlikely to find Yammy limbs of this vintage in this draw weight. Custom limbs would put you back way more than it is worth. The YTSL II was a good riser but is prone to corrosion issues, so it may last forever but equally might break after just a few shots.

Buying secondhand limbs would be an OK option, I just don’t think you’ll find any. Might be worth checking the dealers in the Netherlands where Yamaha were very popular.

My recommendation would be to buy an entry level kit for a couple of hundred quid and see where it takes you.

Stretch
I have an entry level kit but I have my YTSLII (image) riser from when I was 16. For sentimental reasons I would like to shoot it again.