Not many posts here........

Kerf

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
.........is it because we all know what we’re doing (!) or that there aren’t many of us out there?

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Perhaps you're all Luddites who won't use a 'puter, never mind sights & stabilisers?

;)

(yes, the emoji means 'don't take me seriously'!)

malbro

Instinctive Archer
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Definitely not luddites Ive been working with computers since an ICL9003 at Uni in the late 60s.

I want to shoot with the minimum of equipment to see just how good I can get with a bow and arrow, well with the best bow I can afford and decent arrows.

D

Deleted member 7654

I don't like stuff added to a bow, but the other day I succumbed ...
I added some horse hair, Duck feathers and a zigzag pattern..
Hugely improved the performance 😄 :rolleyes::)🤔
Del

Graham Smith

AIUK Saviour
I have a W&W CXT with Inno Power limbs, W&W stabs and Shibuya sight. I loved shooting this bow and still do but about 8 months ago I bought a Black Hunter field bow from China on Ebay and it is an absolutely lovely bow to shoot and I now actually prefer shooting it to the CXT.
Having found woodland to shoot it on and made and set up very cheap targets I now find that I have to push myself to shoot my Olympic Recurve.
I love the simplicity of shooting barebow off the shelf.
Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Kerf

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Like Del the Cat I also don’t like anything added to my bow. My Stolid Bull Black Thunder, Border limbs and arrows are all that is required for a day’s fun. Not for me all that sights, long rods, side rods, clicker, kisser paraphernalia-that really is the dark side of archery except for compound, of course, which is right up there with the Sith!
The only way to go even more simple would be a long bow but I need money and more time for that.
Nudis semper arcum .

malbro

Instinctive Archer
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Just bought 12 wooden arrows specifically matched to my Blackbrook bow (the bowyer has one just like it), plain oiled wood, steel tips and turkey feathers, no other decoration. Now I just need to try them out club night tomorrow.

AndyW

Kerf,
There's plenty of recurve barebow shooters out there just not on here.
Try shooting compound barebow / bowhunter - there was one and then i put a 5 pin site on and there were none.
It's even more fun when you enquire about joining a target club - - - - - - - - you do what now? with no sights and you hold it with your fingers.

LAC Mark

I shoot recurve barebow, tried all the sights and stabs (TV aerials) and just didn't get on with it.
But I am in a club that has around 50% of it's members shooting barebow, so that's around 60 of us.

Kerf

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I shoot recurve barebow, tried all the sights and stabs (TV aerials) and just didn't get on with it.
But I am in a club that has around 50% of it's members shooting barebow, so that's around 60 of us.
I am one of three barebowers out of fifty members at my club. I was one of one so we’re on the up. Yay!