Opticron scope, which lens?

kingsimon

hi everyone,

I'm looking into getting an Opticron scope ( Gs 665 45 ) and am thinking about which lens to go on the end of it. I'm thinking about going for a fixed lens as to get a good wide angle and eye relief. Does anyone have this set up and what do you think. oH and also looking for somewhere cheap to buy it from.

Thanks for all you advice that you mighT have.
Simon

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I'd recommend a fixed lens somewhere around 25x or 32x for good nock-finding at 100yards/90m

chemistry

Thanks for that.. Just having a look at the kowa scopes on line tonight.

Also looking at the bank account!
I have a Hawke Endurance 20-60 x 60. Works very well (lovely bright picture, waterproofed, etc.). There's a good on-line review by some bird watching types, which praise it too.

Costs around ?160 to ?180, so might be worth a look of you can't quite stretch to the Opticron/Kowa.

chemistry

Harlequin_UK

i would go for a fixed wide angle lens. although the magnification is not that high you will get a much clearer picture.

kingsimon

Just an Update..

Just got home with a spanknig new Opticron Scope with a 30x wide angle lens. I got it from Birdnet in Buxton ( check online ). Excellent service and competitive pricing..

Well in the garden the scope looks great.. the field of view is a million times better than my last ?40.00 scope... Good eye relief which was my main want is again great.

all round winner.. lets hope it sneaks the tens in.

Simon