I have just managed to reply after changing the settings.</p>
<p>
 Everything seems to be working slower than usual, though</p>
<p>
 </p>

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
<p>
got the editor window back .... thats a huge step forward for me. been totally out of commission</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
this looks like it works .. at least for me. well played dave</p>

ThomVis

<p>
With the Full WYSIWYG Editing the text fiels is visible, with the two other editors it remains gray.</p>
<p>
I like the Basic editor, in WYSIWYG my Firefox spell-check doesn't work.....</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
2nd edit:</p>
<p>
Text was normal 1st post, after edit < p > and sorst showed up.</p>

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
I have just managed to reply after changing the settings.
Everything seems to be working slower than usual, though
Hi Geoff, there was a lot of server processing going on in the background and the Cloudflare cache was cleared. Hopefullly the speed is better today.
Still working on the ' " & problem. May be to do with the WSYWIG editor.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
<p>
Hi Dave, Thanks for all your time and efforts. Today, the speed seems to be back to normal. This is my second post this morning; the first one seemed normal. This one is giving me double spacing when I press "entre" to start a new paragraph and the text area is surrounded by the grey that covered the text area when I was unable to type anything. At the top of the grey are the icons I mentioned when I was unable to post; at the bottom in the left hand corner is written " body p". I think that is new since the first reply today.</p>
<p>
Speech marks are fine when I type but come out oddly in the thread.</p>
<p>
 </p>

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Thanks Geoff, I think it's something to do with a change in the editor. I think the forum software is using an external editor so it may have changed, it's something I'm looking into.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Dave,
I have next to know understanding of these matters, but I am aware that you have spent a lot of time and effort trying to sort this out. In the beginning I was pleased to find it wasn't a problem with my pc or my internet connection. Now, I am sorry you are having so much work to do sorting things.
Thank you
Geoff

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
<p>
Hi Dave, I have next to know understanding of these matters, but I am aware that you have spent a lot of time and effort trying to sort this out. In the beginning I was pleased to find it wasn't a problem with my pc or my internet connection. Now, I am sorry you are having so much work to do sorting things. Thank you Geoff
No worries, Geoff, I neglected AIUK too much after my recent problems so I really need to do the work and catch up with all the problems here. :eek:</p>

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
I have also just noticed that the THANKS button has disappeared and the smileys have no thumbnails.
Sorry to increase your workload Dave.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
I have also just noticed that the THANKS button has disappeared and the smileys have no thumbnails. Sorry to increase your workload Dave.
No probs. I've stripped the forum of all addons to prep. it for the move. The Thanks button was an addon that's been removed - when we move over to the new forum software it'll have a much better thanks system in place.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
I'm just doing a quick test as I've seen a couple of posts today where the ' was properly rendered. If some are having the issue & some aren't, I'd like to know why.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
I'm just doing a quick test as I've seen a couple of posts today where the ' was properly rendered. If some are having the issue & some aren't, I'd like to know why.
The mobile version appears to render correctly, that's why I'm assuming that it's the editor that's causing the problem.
If you can bare with it for a day or two more I'm switching over to the new Forum software (where I've found during testing everything works perfectly - haha, that's cursed it....)

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
<p>
Yes Dave, I can - but only because I found a THINKING OUTSIDE THE (TEXT) BOX Solution for my <a href="https://www.archeryinterchange.com/showthread.php/246447-From-the-Lions-Den-A-freestylers-journey?p=795829&viewfull=1#post795829">diary thread</a>!</p>