Paralympics

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
It was amazing to watch - tense because it was so close. One archer having a whale of a time, one in the zone. Both shot superbly - shame there was a runner-up. Immense.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
LunkShooter was actually at the games Matt!!!!
I was indeed privileged enough to be present. Got great seats looking straight down the shooting line, about 30 yds from the number 2 lane, Mel's for the final. Tenner for the ticket. Great venue - on a par with Lord's for spectator facilities and atmosphere despite the smaller number of seats.

C

Compound10

And great seating buddy eh?

I still maintain better than Lords. Lords is amazing but hamstrung because it's lords. Oh and yes best ?10 I've spent on archery

Matt_Brown

It sounds like you had a day to remember! I take it that every seat was filled as I tried to get tickets without any success (waited too long before trying).

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
It sounds like you had a day to remember! I take it that every seat was filled as I tried to get tickets without any success (waited too long before trying).
It was rammed, Matt. I'm lucky enough to only live a couple of miles from Woolwich, and so bagged all my tickets the day they went on sale. The fact that there was no assigned seating is indicative that LOCOG were not expecting a sellout. They got one anyway, and rightly so. If today's matches were tense, yesterday was pure drama, especially for Fabry ;-)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
it was the fullest I've seen it all week... even the top tier of the back stand got up to 3/4 full... which considering it's often been nearly empty is good. Helped, I guess, by no shooting happening so was the only sporting event in the venue and, of course, by the prospect of a GB medal (or two)