Portsmouth PB broken at last

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
After too long in the doldrums I finally broke my PB of 543 with a slightly better 546; okay so it?s still pretty modest but I?m not shooting a lot and I?m pleased with it.
A couple of slight issues; me and the other compound archer in the club struggle with the weird lighting we have indoors and my peep kept twisting but overall I got enough 10s and 9s to be pleased.

BTW this is with a compound bow!

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
After too long in the doldrums I finally broke my PB of 543 with a slightly better 546; okay so it?s still pretty modest but I?m not shooting a lot and I?m pleased with it.
A couple of slight issues; me and the other compound archer in the club struggle with the weird lighting we have indoors
That's great. When you shoot compound indoors the light level is seldom good. The peep cuts down the light level entering the eye massively. I will often change to a larger peep diameter if I know I'm going to be shooting in a hall where I have had lighting problems previously. But this is a pain in the butt if you shoot indoors/outdoors every week unless you have a screw-in peep.

Corax67

Well done - always a great feeling when you break a PB, hopefully it sets a trend for the rest of your season

Karl

nbuuifx

Excellent, I also beat my pb for the Portsmouth - I managed 571 but I do get a bigger 10 zone than you! I've been chuffed with my shooting though, shot 5 recently and the lowest score was 561.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
This was my first indoor shoot for well over a year; in some ways I like it (no wind!) but in other ways I find it a bit unnerving.
But overall, good fun.

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
shooting short distances can distort the sighting through the peep as the elevation isnt at a natural position for most people. Change the position of the peep and you are stuffed at the longer distances. Changing foresight is easier and quicker and you can put a cant into it for best light gathering and viewing but you still have to suffer a little.
Buy another bow, that will sort the problem so you can have one for each set of distances.

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
OK then, how about searching out another sight.
says the bloke who strains his neck to see through the peep properly at short distances rather than risking misaligning things when adjusting to avoid the same problem

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
321 on a Frostbite (36@ 30m) just now. Probably not great but it felt good and no arrows went stupidly off target.

My son did well too once we sorted a wonky sight.

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I would be happy with that. If your range is anything like ours the elements conspire to keep your scores down below expectations. The alternative is to shoot frostbites in the summer.
I shot one last week longbow and snapped 2 arrows due to the crosswind. Once I no longer have a half-dozen full length shafts I recycle them for the juniors use and to lose in the grass.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
It was a bit rainy and very wet underfoot but generally okay. My arrows were incredibly hard to get out though; a two person job for many of them. And three completely buried themselves in the target; vanes and all. Shows the power of these things (and the boss is clearly a bit knackered!)!

But good fun; I?m feeling it in my right bicep today (poor draw form I suspect?!).