Quick disconnects

Marcus37

I finally got my proper recurve kit yesterday, from clickers archery, but as I am planning to useing a extender behind my v bar to push the weight out a bit, can I use a quick disconnect between the extender and the riser? This way I would have less issues v bar alignment. Or should I just use one for my long rod.

Also which quick is the best as there is so meany on the market?

Libris

Supporter
Supporter
The problem with using it to connect the v-bar to the riser is alignment but other than that, no reason why not. It will push the v-bar out a bit further though. As for quality, the Doinker ones are okay but over priced. The best value ones are probably the Easton’s; they’re made of 7075 aluminium which is much tougher than the usual 6061 stuff and are sub ?20.

Marcus37

The problem with using it to connect the v-bar to the riser is alignment but other than that, no reason why not. It will push the v-bar out a bit further though. As for quality, the Doinker ones are okay but over priced. The best value ones are probably the Easton’s; they’re made of 7075 aluminium which is much tougher than the usual 6061 stuff and are sub ?20.
Thanks, I will pick up a Easton one when I put my bits n bobs order in, and see what configuration works best.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
These duplicates are doing my head in ��
If you click on 'Go Advanced' when you type a reply, that has solved it for me... the trick is to remember to Go Advanced and not 'Post Quick Reply' ;)

Geophys

In fact I would recommend using a disconnect between the riser and extender, this means that you only have to screw into the bushing on the riser the once, enormously reducing the chance of cross threading and messing up the thread in the riser. I leave my V-bar and extender attached to the long rod all of the time, so it's just quick attach the long rod/v-bar/extender to the disconnect as one and then screw in the side rods.

I use the Mybo extender, which has always been fine, though I must admit that it was chosen as a good colour match to my Smartriser.

20170215-P1020182.jpg

Colin

Marcus37

In fact I would recommend using a disconnect between the riser and extender, this means that you only have to screw into the bushing on the riser the once, enormously reducing the chance of cross threading and messing up the thread in the riser. I leave my V-bar and extender attached to the long rod all of the time, so it's just quick attach the long rod/v-bar/extender to the disconnect as one and then screw in the side rods.

I use the Mybo extender, which has always been fine, though I must admit that it was chosen as a good colour match to my Smartriser.

View attachment 7590

Colin
That my friend is a very nice looking bow :D

I have a Easton QR in my soon to be placed bits n bobs orders, do those top rods on your riser make much difference?

I know these are noob questions, but I just switched from compound.