RAM Cable slide sellers in the UK (or Europe)?

Flying Whale

Anyone know where I can buy RAM teflon cable slides in the UK (or Europe)?

I have one on my bow and I can't remember who I got it from (an archer, so if I could remember who it was I could ask them where they got it... but I can't).

I have just bought another bow the same and want another RAM slide as they are really nice. I will also want a spare too. Lancaster in the US sell them, but they are out of stock. RAM sell them too, but will only ship in to the US and Canada...

Thanks

FW

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Having looked at pictures, I can make one or two. I'm not sure about the two little bulges on the central piece on the string side of the slider.They seem to be holes with something black inside them.

Just noticed SVL teflon cable slides for sale in UK they are very similar.
And Sims do similar,too

Flying Whale

Having looked at pictures, I can make one or two. I'm not sure about the two little bulges on the central piece on the string side of the slider.They seem to be holes with something black inside them.

Just noticed SVL teflon cable slides for sale in UK they are very similar.
And Sims do similar,too
SVL and Sims are the same, I think.

SVL = Sims Vibration Labs

Yes SIMS are similar, but similar doesn't always = good enough. If the relative slot lengths are different, then it will alter the timing of the bow. On Binary cams you want them timed perfectly, if you go to different slot lengths it will take the cables out of timing.

I have a SIMS slide and I will play with it to start with. Was just hoping to find the RAM product for sale in the UK.

The little bulges are to take a cord for drop away rests. I don't use them (would use a limb driven drop-away for preference). Not sure what the black bit is since I haven't worried about them.

The radius is a nice feature. Not done exhaustive tests to see if it reduces cable wear.

I did do a bit of a look around about machining teflon. It seems it can be difficult to deal with at high tolerance. It seems to be very thermally sensitive and shifts after machining. However I am not sure this is a high-tolerance application.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Flying Whale, Yes indeed relative slot lengths and cam timing go hand in hand. I once got carried away with an idea that involved fine tuning cam timing using the slot lengths of a slider.Much easier to do that than press the bow and twist a cable etc etc.
having said that, I do wonder about slot wear. They both wear deeper over time, but with one cable displaced further than the other, the friction will be greater on one slot.Or more twists in one cable may give a different amount to wear due to the angle between strands and slider slots.