recurve archer expanding to compound - sight setup issues

Simonice

OK, its been a while since i have been around here, so will expect a barrage of going to the dark side comments.

I have recently added a Right handed Mathews Mission compound bow to my collection and, when trying out my newly purchased arrows I found that I didn't have sufficient sight windage adjustment to bring the shots near to the gold. (off to the right) The Sight is a Skorten Supreme III.

Now I hope this is just down to my newbie compound shooting technique, but I have shot other compounds before and didn't have these issues with them.

Can anyone suggest things to look for, before i head back to the shop and bother the nice staff for help?

Just for info I don't currently shoot with a club, so that rules out any assistance there but I do have my own layered foam target boss at home.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Have you set the arrow rest to the centre of the bow or slightly left of centre so that it is directly in front of the string line?

Simonice

hadn't thought of that. will check now. I assumed that being a second hand bow, it would have been setup to shoot. :ashamed:

Simonice

think you may have cracked it Geoff. Massive lateral play on the rest. Many thanks :D

Will adjust and report back when i dig the target out tomorrow