Recurve Bag/Case

Wooks

I'm sorry if this has come up before but I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a nice bag/case that won't break the bank, but has enough room inside for 2 sets of limbs, 2 risers, plus all the usual paraphernalia like rods, quiver etc?? Plus is easy to carry or wheel around!
I had a look at the Seb Flute backpack which claims to do all of the above and is a decent price of around 55 squids. Only the front pouch which in it's description claims to hold a quiver but doesn't and is totally useless :headache:
So any other suggestions would be gratefully received :D

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
I'm sorry if this has come up before but I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a nice bag/case that won't break the bank, but has enough room inside for 2 sets of limbs, 2 risers, plus all the usual paraphernalia like rods, quiver etc?? Plus is easy to carry or wheel around!
I had a look at the Seb Flute backpack which claims to do all of the above and is a decent price of around 55 squids. Only the front pouch which in it's description claims to hold a quiver but doesn't and is totally useless :headache:
I've got the SF backpack....but only one bow setup....

However, I think you could fit a quiver + 2 sets of limbs + 2 risers in the back compartment. The riser bag certainly has 2 sections. It would be a tight squeeze though, and would need carefull planning.

MATTeL

There is double Vangaurd case, the should swallow up most of your kit.

I know of one that survived going to Vegas and back, a few scuffs but nothing more than that. It even kept the wheels! ;)

Kae

The American
American Shoot
I have a double vanguard, absolutley fantastic cases.... they are heavy though!

Kae.

paulw

I just bought the SF B92 as I found it for the same price as the Elite backpack - I wanted a backpack as I usually motorcycle everywhere. In the main body it will take two risers & four limbs with no problem. In the front lower zipped section it will, as you say, only take a smallish quiver, or a larger one without arrow separation tubes. I also wouldn't be to happy using the external sight bag if I have a costly sight. The only real "usability" issues I have are the side pouches which whilst may be OK for a bow stand, I can't think of many items they a suitable to hold, also being on the large side the (body) straps have limited adjustment. The same supplier (ArcheryPro) also sells this for what seems a good price and may be worth considering.

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
I've got the Hoyt backpack - with one recurve in it. There is room for another riser and another set of limbs should go in. Has my four tube quiver in the back with the limbs. Also a cagoule, tassel, two bar towels, a fleece towel.

Front pockets have pod stand, Shibuya sight in zip case, various spares and tools, vbar and twins, extender, bracing gauge....

Arrow tube with dozen nav arrows and longrod.

Grepless

Supporter
Supporter
The secret is to put the quiver down the space between the internal dividers and the front of the bag in the main space.
We've happily used the SF for 2 x bows + gubbins + full size SF quiver. The front outer pockets are fine for the tools and spares - and the side pockets happily take the drinks & snacks and the stands. Have another look - it does do the job - not quite as designed <grin> but it does work.

Grep.

Wooks

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. I did actually buy the SF one but took it back because of the quiver issue and the fact the side pockets are much use to be honest!! This is why I've put this post up to see if what you guys use and can recommend. At the moment I've got the single SF bag which is cool so I'm wondering if you can actually buy the trolley bit as an add on........I feel a phone call coming on!! Keep the ideas coming...thanks!!

addo

The double tier Shocq case would hold all you describe.Its hard wearing and has wheels and its cheap,but it has a serious flaw IMO......The latches are feeble and not close enough to the handle.This results in it trying to open itself whilst carrying.Its Ok if you wheel it about though.Its OK for storing a bow but pretty sh*t when it comes to transporting it

I have the single tier one to store a single bow,and have to use a strap around it near the handle to be on the safe side.To be honest i'd steer clear of Shocq cases.

Wooks

I think I've solved my problem I can just about get all of my gear into my SF bag...wahoo!!:bouncy: But it does look a bit "bulgy" but at the moment I can live with that and it saves me a few sheckles for the time being :D

archerymad1991

i use an ordinary hiking rucksack- i have 2 bows, 2 sets of limbs, tools,a quiver, etc etc in it and my arrow tube in an external pocket- all for less than 50euro- perfect!!!!:D

Wooks

i use an ordinary hiking rucksack- i have 2 bows, 2 sets of limbs, tools,a quiver, etc etc in it and my arrow tube in an external pocket- all for less than 50euro- perfect!!!!:D
Now that's a bloody good idea!! Plus I'd probably be able to get one in my colour scheme too!!

franky57

I just bought a Legend Archery backpack, I am quite happy with it, very good value for money.

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
This is what you want: Hoyt Equipment Case on eBay

Mrs Worthipa and I have one each, you can get two sets of everything in in padded splendour, more tools than you've got in your garage, and everything else in the other pocket. Why Hoyt stopped making them I'll never know. Not sure what the zippy divider bit's for though ....!

Wooks

Thanks for that I've sorted it by buying a hiking rucksack and I can get both bows and more in it so I'm more than happy :D Plus even better is the fact that it's in my colours of yellow and black...bonus!!