Red Oak case for takedown bow and other gear

WillAdams

Couldn't find a case which I liked, so I made one. The prototype was made of poplar craft boards and a cut-off from a closet door I found on the side of the road. Thinking I need to go one more iteration, since I'm not liking that I can't store the gear in it w/o the cock feathers getting slightly crushed (they spring back fine when travelling):

wfa-bear-custom-kodiak-td-case-2-open.jpg

It's modelled on a Victorian arrow case shown on pg. 227 (item #212) in Traditional Archery from Six Continents: Amazon.com: Traditional Archery from Six Continents: The Charles E. Grayson Collection (9780826217516): Charles E. Grayson, Mary French, Michael J. O'Brien, Daniel S. Glover: Books (ob. discl. I arranged for that to be reprinted and I'd really like to see enough of the books sold that I could try another venture)

Since that photo was taken I've added brass corner protectors and replaced the brown cloth w/ green felt. More details on the construction at: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/75378

The other improvement I'm considering is to add a small box on the right (held in place by two brass catches), instead of the two separate open compartments --- I'll also forego the black shoe polish in addition to the steel-wool-vinegar ebonizing.

Any other suggestions or thoughts?

Currently the case holds:

- 6 arrows
- Bear Custom Kodiak T/D riser and two 50# #1 limbs (makes an A.M.O. 60" bow)
- arm guard
- Black widow Super Stick Tite glove and Ravenswood Leathers Bowglove
- (spare) tab
- bow stringer
- string wax
- spare nocks
- nock tuning tool
- spare points
- Bohning mini serving tool and serving thread
- spare string
- bowsquare
- small first aid kit
- a tin of Altoids candies
- the target from my Bear Archery Little Bear archery set I received for Christmas when I was 10 years old
- an archer's tassel
- a belt

I was using an Allen Sidekick quiver which would fit in the case, but have since switched to a Neet Traditional burgundy leather Field Quiver, and also have a Wyoming Leatherworks snakeskin hidden knife combo armguard which I'm hoping will fit w/in the box I'm planning on adding.

The pouch on the quiver holds:

- Leatherman Pocket Survival Tool
- Mathews Archery Tool
- tape measure
- arrow puller
- fiber scrubbing pad

(and I have a leather strap which drapes over the handle allowing me to attach the quiver to the case)

Thoughts on other things to add to the case?