Robin hood film

Status
Not open for further replies.

yewbow

Hi all there is a good side view of his bow in the new empire mag
it looks like hikory and some other wood pinted to look like a self yew bow
Did they have arrow plates on the bows in robin hoods time ? and the arrows look like they have smoe kind of nocks on them. still looking forwed to seeing it :cheerful:

WuW

Saw some pictures of the bow when I was at the movies this week.
I reckon it'll be a Steve Ralphs bow, he was in Gladiator and is known for suppling bows for film and TV use.
I tried to buy a bow from him about this time last year and he was "in Australia teching a Holywood star how to shoot".
My concerns are that the pictures seem to show lots of water on the bow and Russels bow arm which looks dramatic but they surely didn't have dacron in them days!
However that said I'll be there in May!

yewbow

May be he used lots and lots of wax hehehe. as onlg as he has a longbow and not a sarisan bow like that trash that was on TV or what ever it was :archer2:

Darryl

I think it's going to be #### :)

Looks like a cross between Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan.....I mean what is up with those landing crafts? :)

jb.68

It can't be any worse than that tosh that the BBC recently presented us with and it definitely can't be any worse than that crap with Costner in. I'm happy to give it a chance.
Yeh the boats look wrong etc... but that's Hollywood for you!!

yewbow

I have good feeling about it i mean after the that crap they put on tv its go to be better. As for the boats richerd the lion hart did take a town by landing on the beach when on his crusade. It was the first beach landing in history that maybe were they have got it from ?

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
I have good feeling about it i mean after the that crap they put on tv its go to be better. As for the boats richerd the lion hart did take a town by landing on the beach when on his crusade. It was the first beach landing in history that maybe were they have got it from ?
yeah, but something tells me he may have used flat bottomed barges, like river boats, not full on medievil replicas of modern landing craft!!!! lol

would make an interesting show though, "Hello Robin", "Hello Marrion. Would you like to come for a ride on my new horse, it's a ferrari!!!!", "Only if i get to have a go on your new Barreta bow.", "Ok."

lol

yewbow

I have not seen the clip i gess that hollywood for you full on landing craft tut tut. I gess the trick is to go and see it as some one who has never shot a bow and has no clue of history. As it looks like the arrows do have plastic nocks on them but thats just me being pickiy :flech:

Ballistics

should be a decent film i reckon. gladiator was class, and its done by the same director, with russell crowe in again. im just hoping hollywood dont dip there fingers in and make it full of explosions etc.

heres the trailer for those that havent seen it - looks good, plenty of sword on horseback action by the looks of it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcDeNo6KUs[/ame]

C

Compound10

Can I just take a moment to remind everyone THIS IS A FILM _ A FICTION BASED ON A MYTH

it isn't a documentary on the History Channel or BBC.

Therefore, it isn't going to be 100% accurate in materials, shooting style and bow style - changes are going to have been made to enhance the drama, ease the shooting (of both types) and to make the actors appear like archers....

Just in case you missed it first time

it is a film!!!!!!

L

lee81070

Good stuff...worth going to see methinks, just leave reality at the door, pick up a big tub of popcorn and enjoy some escapism :burp:

sunmouse

Good stuff...worth going to see methinks, just leave reality at the door, pick up a big tub of popcorn and enjoy some escapism :burp:
I agree, hear, hear.

As long as it looks good, has plenty of action in it, who cares how much liberty they take with the historical accuracy!

Gryff

I like how they call it the 'Untold Story' when off the top of my head i can recall at least 4 different films about robin 'of the' hood .... *in my best gangsta voice* word.

Roadiefromheck

Don't think you'd get too far advertising your film as "you've heard the story a thousand times, seen a hundred variations in tv and film but here's our crack at it and we have slightly fancier camera angles"

The best Robin Hood film so far has to be Men in tights but as Ridley Scott hasn't made a bad film yet it should be good.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Can I just take a moment to remind everyone THIS IS A FILM _ A FICTION BASED ON A MYTH
it isn't a documentary on the History Channel or BBC.
My ivory towers educated, degree in history and economic history, literate in greek and latin sister* would say that anything on the history channel IS myth and fantasy. She's not very complimentary about their accuracy.
Also a bloke I know was asked by an american company doing a martial arts series for discovery to fake up a scottish martial arts system from around the time of Wallace when no such system existed. "they'll never know the difference" was the justification given.

... and the bbc isnt exactly objective any more either!

*I'm the scruffy lazy one in the family but I'm sure you guessed that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.