Rule 107 or is that 307?

gwood1234

Got my first outdoor competitions coming up next month... As a longbow archer I'd love to wear medieval tunic and coif etc but I'm far too self-conscious! I'll definitely be in costume for the Agincourt shoot in July though!

tweetiepooh

Shame about foot ware rule (though I do see why) as I love to wear sandals and it's only our uncivilised weather than stops me wearing them all year round, with shorts and T-shirt.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
feel free ... you can then show off the lovely scar you'll very likely get in the foot when you walk into an arrow. the one accidentally shot low into the grass and so cunningly placed to act like an medieval archers stake.

tweetiepooh

Yes I know why sandals are frowned on, same as needing steel toe caps in our server rooms. Accidents are a lot less comfortable than what you'd gain from wearing sandals. And it is amazing how something as big as an arrow can burrow and hide in short grass. Mind you one lass' way to find arrows was to feel with bare feet, quite effective, no injuries yet.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
even more amazing is the ability of 20 archers to slowly walk all over a field looking for an arrow yet still not see it lying on top of short grass! ;)

piscafile

All this talk about what to wear and what not to wear reminds me of a chap who used to turn up at field archery soot in full cammo gear and combat boots. He was a pleasant enough gay, but did come accross as some sort of want to be weekend warrior. It was all a topic of commical conversation. None of which seemed to deter him.
Finally he showed up one week wearing cammo cream as well as all the rambo gear. Well that was it we just could not help ourselves and were merciless in our micky taking. Whenever the poor lad said anything we'd all start looking around the place with an alarmed expression saying "who said that! I know your there!"
We never saw him there again......or was it he had finally perfected his cammoflage...........