[OTHER] Samick Cheetah opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeltrax

After 7 years shooting recurve Ive decided that I cant live any longer without a longbow (I'm sure it's still the law anyway isnt it? :eek:ptimist: ).
Had a trial shoot today at my local shop and I was wondering about peoples opinion of the Samick Cheetah.
I'd appreciate any feedback and/or opinions.
What are your thoughts people?

Wheeltrax

It's a flatbow not a longbow
Now I feel silly! :ashamed:
I blame 2 things...
1. My (obvious) complete lack of knowledge when it comes to trad bows.
2. In Germany (where I live) they seem to call any traditional bow a longbow.
(if in doubt blame Johnny foreigner! :shhh: )

Ive done a bit of googling to make myself a bit more knowledgeable on the differences between the bow types.
If anything Im now more confused as to which bow type to get, longbow or flatbow.
I set out with getting a longbow in mind, but...
I really enjoyed shooting the flatbow and Id still like to hear peoples opinions of the Samick cheetah.

Last edited:

Berny

Now I feel silly! :ashamed:
I blame 2 things...
1. My (obvious) complete lack of knowledge when it comes to trad bows.
2. In Germany (where I live) they seem to call any traditional bow a longbow.
(if in doubt blame Johnny foreigner! :shhh: )

Ive done a bit of googling to make myself a bit more knowledgeable on the differences between the bow types.
If anything Im now more confused as to which bow type to get, longbow or flatbow.
I set out with getting a longbow in mind, but...
I really enjoyed shooting the flatbow and Id still like to hear peoples opinions of the Samick cheetah.
Don't feel silly - we were all newbies once

...it's only us pedantic Brits that insist that "longbow" means English Longbow (ELB) whereas most Europeans & Americans
call a "longbow" what we call a Flatbow, or American Flatbow (AFB).

Given where you are what's being shot about you: get an AFB - it'll be durable, you'll fit in & should be able to compete (if relevant)
on a level'ish playing field.

If you want/like to be different - stand out from the crowd - learn possibly on your own - are a romantic - get an ELB!

Simples innit!?

Status
Not open for further replies.