[Horsebow] Samick Mind 50 availability?

Si2

Looks like the clever link system has screwed up the link...

This is the item number - 150362596841 - just pop that in the ebay search box and it comes up...

They have nine left and have sold one.

Si

Hanley J.

I just bought a Samick Mind 50 from Lancaster Achery in Lancaster, Pennsylvania here in the United States. I think they do international orders. You should check out their web site. Incidentally, they were the only dealer I could find online that sells the Mind 50. Good luck and good shooting!

stevie

samick sk mind 50

HI you can order these from quicks just ring them around 130 pounds think its 4 weeks to wait on.

Matt222

Hi All - first post for me.

Just bought a Samick Mind 50 from The Longbowshop,

Very light, decent price, quick delivery and looks great.

If anyone is interested I'll post a quick review....?
Is there a separate section for Reviews?

TheLongbowShop

Full range in up to 60lb in start of next week - the ones we had in have pretty much sold out. Cracking little bows for the price range. If you want to reserve one then send me an email :)

Jase

savster

Samick Mind 50

I posted earlier in this thread.
I was going to buy a samick mind and had a look around, they can be bought for less than 100 pounds from samicks agent in
Holland,I think theyre called VBS archery,that where all the archery shops get them, they even offered me a discount on that-nice people there. However I managed to obtain a secondhand black widow short recurve so didnt buy the mind. Im afraid that once you get a widow theres no looking back and now Im shooting the black widow in GNAS barebow at competitions.

I still have the SKB50 which I picked up secondhand for 45 quid off ebay. The mind may be a touch faster but I dont think theres much difference between the SKB and the mind. In fact you may be better off with an SKB because ithese bows weigh 300 grams so it will be relatively more stable than the MIND in theory.

happy shooting

Riceburner

Just been trying to figure out what classification the Mind and SKBs fit into, and as far as I can see they both fit into:
> GNAS "Recurve Traditional" (looking at this document http://www.archerygb.org/tools/documents/RulesofShootingMar2011-[10801].pdf ) and
> NFAS "Hunting Tackle" ( looking at this document : http://www.nfas.net/downloads/rules/Rules-ShootingStylesRules2011.pdf )
> FITA "Recurve Barebow (looking at this site : WORLD ARCHERY (click 'Discipline' - 'Equipment')

Can anyone confirm this or tell me why if wrong? I had thought the Mind wouldn't qualify for Traditional because it has carbon-fibre in it's construction, but neither of these documents mention this. (So I'm now wondering where I got that idea from!). Does anyone know if there's a more definitive style/type description anywhere?

savster

It would be barebow in the GNAS competitions. However you would be up against centreshot bows, some with arrow rests and some shot off the shelf. The barebow class also might include target recurves with no stabilisers or sight. However plungers are allowed.

Just been trying to figure out what classification the Mind and SKBs fit into, and as far as I can see they both fit into:
> GNAS "Recurve Traditional" (looking at this document http://www.archerygb.org/tools/documents/RulesofShootingMar2011-[10801].pdf ) and
> NFAS "Hunting Tackle" ( looking at this document : http://www.nfas.net/downloads/rules/Rules-ShootingStylesRules2011.pdf )
> FITA "Recurve Barebow (looking at this site : WORLD ARCHERY (click 'Discipline' - 'Equipment')

Can anyone confirm this or tell me why if wrong? I had thought the Mind wouldn't qualify for Traditional because it has carbon-fibre in it's construction, but neither of these documents mention this. (So I'm now wondering where I got that idea from!). Does anyone know if there's a more definitive style/type description anywhere?

Riceburner

It would be barebow in the GNAS competitions. However you would be up against centreshot bows, some with arrow rests and some shot off the shelf. The barebow class also might include target recurves with no stabilisers or sight. However plungers are allowed.
Why Barebow and not Trad? What have I missed?

Oh - I should add that I'm assuming the use of wooden arrows. :)