Sebastien Flute and Win&Win 360 finger tabs

acehero

Hi

I've been using a left-handed Win&Win 360 tab for shooting longbow with. This is it here ::professionalism and Strength::. I dont use the patform, but other than that its one of the nicest tabs I've ever shot with. I'd love to get hold of a right handed version (I shoot recurve right-handed so I dont get the different styles confused) but cant find any in the UK. I'd rather not shop overseas unless theres no other choice. Does anyone know where I could find one?

Alternatively, Sebastien Flute tabs look almost identical when looking over the net. Has anyone seen or used one in the flesh and what do you think of them?

babylon5

Top Meerkat!
Supporter
Ironman
Not used a Seb Flute tab, but you're right - they are almost identical. Given that W&W manufacture a large amount of the kit sold under the Seb Flute name it wouldn't surprise me if they were the same for all but a couple of minor cosmetic differences.

SimonW

I discovered these tabs by chance when I bought one at a shoot (it could have been Perris, can't remember) about 5 years ago (I wasn't shooting at the time but just went along to watch as it was local).

I ordered a couple more (and for the life of me I can't remember where from - I tend to buy from just about every UK shop) about 18 months ago.

By then I was using the W&W separator (which I really liked as it was quite chunky) with the W&W finger loop (which I prefer to thin bits of string fastened by those toggle things) with the Spigarelli comfort tab.

I've now moved on again to use the separator from the Soma Saka tab as this is even nicer.

So ..... I have an unused W&W RH tab (metal plate and attached face and backing and separator) that you can have. I can't let you have the finger loop (as I'm using these!!).

PM me if you're interested. I'll try and remember where I got them from.

Simon

acehero

Pm sent, thanks. I was having a look at Lancaster archery's website in the US and they stock the W&W tabs. Theres also a huge selection of other makes that ive never seen over here, including a cartel copy - or atleast it looks like it is - of the W&W 360.

Jay.g

By then I was using the W&W separator (which I really liked as it was quite chunky) with the W&W finger loop (which I prefer to thin bits of string fastened by those toggle things) with the Spigarelli comfort tab.

I've now moved on again to use the separator from the Soma Saka tab as this is even nicer.
Simon
So the female thread in the Win&Win Separator and the SOMA Separator is the same?

Jay.g

Ah okay, is anyone able to check this? I'm currently ordering some SOMA separators but not sure with or without the screws yet.

dkard

Difference

The SF tab looks almost identical to the WW 360. I ordered one and was a little disappointed. The leather in the SF tab was much thinner than on the WW360.

When my 360 needs a new face will try the Oberon.

Get the WW rather than the SF unless you like the tab thin.

dave

Jay.g

You can't replace faces for the win&win tab I think, the faces aren't screwed in like cavalier or SOMA. I've had 5 win&win now because I can't change their faces.

mf78

The screws you want are called Chicago screws, they are basically like a rivet that screws together and I've used them for making custom tabs. Only place I could find them for sale though was on Ebay.

dkard

Soruces

Found a few sources online but they want too much for shipping.

The are also called screw posts and are used in the binding industry.

Probably will just have to buy the pack of 100 to justify the shipping costs.

dave