SF Elite Backpack

dankell

After getting thoroughly ticked off with carting my hard case on London Transport I've invested in one of these

Arrived today. Little larger than I expected at about 70cms high, but quite slim at about 20cms. Will see what it's like when full packed up but seems like a bargain.

For my money I get a bag with 2 compartments - front with 6 small and one large clear compartments for all my cruft; rear larger with a case for limbs and risers (need to workout how to best use this) and straps for anything bigger. Add to this an arrow tube and waterproof cover and I should be sorted.

And all for ?35. :D

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Looks a pretty decent buy....

Any chance of some photos showing the internal setup????

dankell

Right... Lets see if this works

First off the front, with the bungies on the outside, and arrow tube visible, adjusted for my 32" arrows

Next, the inside pockets, 6 small and 1 larger. Stand nicely slotted in:

and finally a quick view of the main pocket with SF bow case and inner bungies just visible.

HTH

Dan

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Thanks for the piccies....

I was unsure whether this case was a slot in the top thing or not....but from your shots am I right in thinking that it opens fully to give good access.

What about storage for stabs??? Are they bes to go in the arrow tube???

Looks an excellent case, especially for the price....:scratchch

macchia

Used it for a couple of months and find it great. Riding the bike from Warwick to London with it every week. Only thing is there are some straps for the tube inside the main compartment [if you want/can put the tube inside it which I don't] and I keep getting my gear stuck in them.

As far as the stabilizers I keep the short rods horizontally at the bottom of the front compartments padded by the [exercise band] and the long rod in the tube with the arrows.

Overall I'd say 8 out of 10 [9 and 1/2 out of 10 if you also consider the price]

Alex

dankell

Not used it in anger yet as it arrived on Thursday and I was away for the weekend... To address the remaining questions

The front opens fully, while the back section loads from the top - zips open about halfway down each side.

I think I'm going to stick the longrod in the arrow tube. Just need to cut a divider out of foam to stop things shaking around.

Dan

Sparks

Mine just arrived this morning. The cross-chest and cross-belly buckles are a bit weak-looking, but other than that, it seems like a decent bag. The brief-case type side handle is a nice touch for the days I chuck it in the car rather than cycle to the field.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Ordered one today...hopefully arrive tomorrow!!!!

Also found out that Mrs Uller has ordered one as well - We'll be the SF fan club!!!

Sparks

Cycled across Dublin with this strapped to the back this evening; works well, though it occasionally thwacks you in the back of the helmet if you stand up to pedal; and the arrow tube can restrict visibility somewhat.
a case for limbs and risers (need to workout how to best use this)
This is puzzling me too - I take it it's one half of the case for the limbs and the other for the riser and the rest of the back half of the case for all the stuff that didn't fit in the front half of the case?
(Might just cut away the straps because the arrow tube won't ever be small enough to go in the back).

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Recieved mine today (minus the arrow tube, but thats being sorted!!!)

First impressions are excellent!!!

I think the riser bag might be designed to fit 2 risers, with possibly the limbs being secured with the straps??? Something I might try.

Looks to have loads of storage space!!!

Overall, a good buy methinks!!!

Fallen Angel 31

Hi all,

Quick query, it's not entirely clear from the piccies (thanks for those, Very useful) or the descriptions online. Dies the pack come with the riser and limb covers.protectors, or is there some sort of internal padded pocket designed for these?

Thanks in advance

FA31

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Hi all,

Quick query, it's not entirely clear from the piccies (thanks for those, Very useful) or the descriptions online. Dies the pack come with the riser and limb covers.protectors, or is there some sort of internal padded pocket designed for these?

Thanks in advance

FA31
The backpack comes with a separate padded bag for putting your riser/limbs into. It has compartments at either side, so you could either put 2 risers in, or 1 riser and set of limbs. The bag itself has a large velcro strip on it so that it can be secured to the inside of the rear compartment of the backpack.

I transferred all my gear into the SF elite the other day. Loads of space, but a couple of things I think they could improve.

I think having 2 large pockets & 4 small in the front compartment would have been a better idea, also the smaller compartments could have been a little bigger. I certainly find it a big imprevement though over my old case. I can fit all my stuff in, including my quiver & scope!!!!

Its also very comfy to carry!!!!

Sparks

The backpack comes with a separate padded bag for putting your riser/limbs into. It has compartments at either side, so you could either put 2 risers in, or 1 riser and set of limbs. The bag itself has a large velcro strip on it so that it can be secured to the inside of the rear compartment of the backpack.
Pity there's no way within that smaller bag to secure where your riser/limbs go. Still, there's enough padding around the bag that it's not that worrying.
I think having 2 large pockets & 4 small in the front compartment would have been a better idea
And it'd be a bit more useful to have had the rear compartment divided in two vertically; one half for the riser bag and the other for kit that wouldn't fit in the front (so that stuff can't migrate around in back). And those straps in the back are a bit annoying, though I'm using them to more-or-less secure the bowstand and my gaiters at the moment.
Its also very comfy to carry!!!!
Very. Beats the pants off a broken cardboard box held together with string :D:raspberry