shooting indoors

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
on sunday I shot my first indoor round this year. my glasses kept fogging and the feel of the draw on my face was a bit vague but at least I got to do some shooting! only allowed an hours slot but ok by me, I managed a Portsmouth and scored my average score so...

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Unless you want to keep your mask on for some reason, you are allowed to remove it completely when on the shooting line....

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Unless you want to keep your mask on for some reason, you are allowed to remove it completely when on the shooting line....
I tend to shoot fast ( about 8 arrows to others 3) and fiddling about with a mask will annoy me by slowing me down. I have come up with a plan, swimmers nose clip and breath through a length of hose pipe with the end behind me! 😁

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I think the end of the hose needs to be vented into the outside air to be effective.
Might look quite fetching; or is that fletching?

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
How would it slow you down? walk onto the line, slip your mask off, I hang mine on my spare arrow in my quiver.... shoot arrows at your normal speed, put mask back on, move off line?

8ballali

It would be nice to be able to book a slot at the nearest indoor range, but i only have time to go that far on Saturdays, and it's booked weeks in advance. So I'm stuck with outdoors only.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
SAA has updated its guidance and, in a nutshell, nobody in Central Scotland (where pretty much everybody in Scotland lives) over the age of 18 is allowed to do indoor archery until further notice. On the one hand, it's a bummer, on the other hand I'm not sure that there was much indoor archery going on anyway.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I think indoor archery is under valued. I don't mean competitions; I am thinking of the benefits to be had from short work and planned coaching. Clubs cab do a lot to keep archers shooting through the winter if there is an indoor range. We find a drop off in attendancies during the dec- april period and many never return after that. It's as if they find something else to do in their archery time during the bad weather months.
An indoor range can hold a club together.

Steve1968

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
It's good to be indoors now with the weather getting colder, wetter, windier and darker.

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I do indoor with one club on sundays, and outdoors on Saturdays with another, at the moment...

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
no indoors for us this year, too few people to justify the expense and a nightmare to organise with the restrictions forced on us.