Should I bin this arrow?

oceanjaws

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I'm a newbie (pretty much) and I have previously fixed a carbon arrow which splintered at the nock end, but.....
I hit a rock the other day (practising on some wasteground on a long journey) and I have a split the shaft at the point end.
Should I bin this arrow, or fix by wrapping araldite and thread around it, like I did at before at the nock end?
Also should I k
? IMG_9038 copy.JPG

Bandit

Glue it back together with some super glue (Cyno), I used to do it with X10's all the time. never had a problem. I'm sure the safety police will say bin it though

oceanjaws

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I like my hands too much to risk anything.
Advice taken and very much appreciated :)

modernlongbow

Cyanoacrilic and silk thread are my stock repair kit for MINOR repairs. If the break is further down the shaft than the point extends inside the shaft, then bin it. The arrow in the photo is an injury waiting for an opportunity to appear. A broken carbon shaft always means you harm.

Ian

AIUK Saviour
Totally agree with binning damaged carbon shafts after getting splinters in my hand pulling one,painful & difficult to remove.
A regular seller of archery gear on Facebook was selling sets of carbon arrows including damaged shafts,when I politely pointed out the danger to him he immediately removed my comment but not the damaged shafts.