Show us your Recurve Setup

monty1

My first set up, core metal pro, arten sight, cartel pressure button

- - - Updated - - -

My first set up, core metal pro, arten sight, cartel pressure button

Attachments

monty1

Not sure how I did that with the pictures, here's one of target I made and shot at from 10 yards

Im quite happy with the results so far

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how I did that with the pictures, here's one of target I made and shot at from 10 yards

Im quite happy with the results so far

Attachments

BowmanBen

Not great Pics but here is my setup:

Win&Win Inno CXT 25" riser
Win&Win EX-Prime limbs 38lbs
AGF Technic 15 sight (gets some funny looks at compertitions but works for me!)
Beiter Clicker
Shibuya DX button
Spigarelli Evo 2 rest
String Flex FF String
carbofast X-Seeker long and side rods with Flexball dampers.
K&K Vbar
Cartel extender
Easton Acc arrows

Attachments

Mark31121

Ironman
Not great Pics but here is my setup:

AGF Technic 15 sight (gets some funny looks at compertitions but works for me!)
How are you finding the AGF sight? I wanted another spiga carbon 30 but they're out of production so I'm looking for alternatives. What's the overall extension including the bracket if you don't mind me asking?

JohnK

How are you finding the AGF sight? I wanted another spiga carbon 30 but they're out of production so I'm looking for alternatives. What's the overall extension including the bracket if you don't mind me asking?
If you want an AGF sight, be quick about it. I'm told (by Perris) that AGF has stopped making archery equipment.

BowmanBen

I bought mine from a club member but i don't think it is made anymore as they are a few years old. It like it and it is very easy to adjust but it looks a bit industrial! The extension is 15".

The thing it like about this style of sight is that the main weight of the sight is on the riser so the bow feels lovely and balanced.

The Spiga 30 is a modern day version of it but as you say they are hard to find now. I know quite a few people who use them and they really like them.

JohnK

The AGF sight and the similar Angel are still listed as available from one UK on-line only supplier.
That may well be the case. However, I have been advised by Perris Archery that AGF has stopped making archery equipment, so once current stock is depleted, that's it.

Desert-Rat

Well this is my first bow set-up so thought would pop it in here.

So what do we have:

Merlin Elite 25" Riser with Spigarelli Magnetic ZT Rest (got this on eBay for ?101, bit of a bargain.)
SF Premium + Carbon medium Limbs
Shibuya DX Button
BCYX String
SF Velocity Carbon Sight
Axiom + 32" Long Rod

My partner has almost same with SF Forged + Riser, 28" Long Rod, FastFlight string and Button that came with riser for the moment.

All in all i think is a good starter kit.

Attachments

William_D

Sorry about the poor photo

Win & Win Wiawis Nano Max riser
W&W Rapido limbs
W&W HMC stabiliser system
Shibuya Ultimate AC Sight
Shibuya rest
Shibuya plunger

aiming to upgrade limbs at some point soon but not sure what to get

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the poor photo

Win & Win Wiawis Nano Max riser
W&W Rapido limbs
W&W HMC stabiliser system
Shibuya Ultimate AC Sight
Shibuya rest
Shibuya plunger

aiming to upgrade limbs at some point soon but not sure what to get

Attachments

Geophys

Indoor/Outdoor

I have two separate set-ups, one for indoor and one for outdoor. We shoot outdoors throughout the year so having two different set-ups means I don't have to keep changing settings for the two different arrows that I use.

Indoor bow:

W&W CXT riser
W&W Rapido limbs 36lb
W&W HMC plus stabilisers on Doinker adjustable V-bar
Shibuya Ultima sight/ Shibuya fibre optic pin
Shibuya button and rest
Jager Best 2 grip

Outdoor Bow:

W&W Wiawis Nano Max riser
Uukha X-curve limbs 40lb
W&W Wiawis stabilisers on Doinker adjustable V-bar
Axcel Achieve sight / Titan Pin
Beiter button / Shibuya rest
Jager Best 2 grip

The difference between the W&W tips and the Uukha!

Hopefully before the start of next year's indoor season, the indoor bow will also sport a set of X-curves, the draw force curve of the Uukhas has to be felt to be believed, the 40lb Uukha actually feel lighter to draw than the 36lb W&W and so smooth through the clicker, and the speed of the Uukhas, well just amazing.

jantar77

Supporter
Supporter
Hopefully before the start of next year's indoor season, the indoor bow will also sport a set of X-curves, the draw force curve of the Uukhas has to be felt to be believed, the 40lb Uukha actually feel lighter to draw than the 36lb W&W and so smooth through the clicker, and the speed of the Uukhas, well just amazing.
I had a privilege to test Border HEX extra curved limbs this summer for 3 weeks (gladly because they are very rare here) and I had a bit mixed feelings about them. They are quicker than my Inno ExPrimes at same draw weight and there was slight but noticeable drop in force near to my full draw. And of course they look great with my black carbon riser. But overall they felt heavier and I felt more fatigue shooting with them. It was definitely easier to shoot in gusty wind I guess due to that force drop around full draw but still I decided to stay with Innos. But I would like to try Uukha's X-curve if I would have a chance because I guess they will behave similar and I heard many blessing from shooters they use them.

We shoot outdoors throughout the year so having two different set-ups means I don't have to keep changing settings for the two different arrows that I use.
It makes sense. I shoot different arrows indoors and outdoors but I only have different buttons for each set of arrows. That's also said that I do not use thick alu arrows indoors just ACCs with longer vanes in compare to X10s for outdoor and the rest can be setup to accommodate both.

Mistake

Ironman
Riser: Inno CXT
Limbs: 42lb medium uukhaa xcurve (47lb on the fingers)
Stabilizers: Shrewd 36" long rod + 15" sides and an old W+W top weight
Button: Beiter
Rest: Reggi
Sight: Sureloc of some kind

- - - Updated - - -

Riser: Inno CXT
Limbs: 42lb medium uukhaa xcurve (47lb on the fingers)
Stabilizers: Shrewd 36" long rod + 15" sides and an old W+W top weight
Button: Beiter
Rest: Reggi
Sight: Sureloc of some kind

Attachments

Toxoph_USA

Hello from across the pond!

20160603_173947.jpg
My new GMX with Quattro limbs, 37lbs otf

20160601_181840.jpg
What it replaces, My beloved Spigarelli 1300, I love this bow but after 25 years it was time to retire her. She still looks good today.
Are there many 1300's over there? I never saw another over here though I did know of another.

Freddie5150

Hi!
This is my setup.

Hoyt GMX 2016 Matt Orange torch.
KAP Archery Winstorm limbs.
Spigarelli click button.
Shibuya Ultima arrow rest.
W&W carbon clicker.
Mybo Aeris stabilizers and Mybo v-bar.
And Shibuya Ultima carbon sight with a Mybo Clearview recurve scope.

It is quiet and a bow I really like to shoot. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi!
This is my setup.

Hoyt GMX 2016 Matt Orange torch.
KAP Archery Winstorm limbs.
Spigarelli click button.
Shibuya Ultima arrow rest.
W&W carbon clicker.
Mybo Aeris stabilizers and Mybo v-bar.
And Shibuya Ultima carbon sight with a Mybo Clearview recurve scope.

It is quiet and a bow I really like to shoot. :)

Attachments

jonUK76

Yet another SF Forged + here (in matt grey) :)
KAP Winstorm 2 34# medium limbs
W&W Wiawis Stabilisers (30" Long Rod, 10" Side Rods, 4" Extender, SF Axiom V-Bar)
Fivics FV100 sight
Beiter pressure button
Beiter clicker
Hoyt Super rest

Sorry for less than great pics, maybe I'll take some outdoors on a brighter day.