show us your tab

pHz

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
was tinkering with my tab recently trying to troubleshoot some issues ive been having and got to wondering (curious little thing that i am) what little tweaks archers make to their tabs to get them to 'work' better or more comfortably

i use a medium soma joomong - have recently switched from OBeron back to leather (still needs fully shooting in) for the face but still use OBeron for the backing as it works for that better than thinner backs ive used - ive removed the pinky trigger so i can reference my neck easier and ive turned round the thumb shelf so it works as an outward facing platform - the strap is made from bits of a 'deconstructed' beiter armguard

your turn ...

slainte :cheerful: rob

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
There are a couple of threads about my tab.

Here is my latest tab. The biggest modification is the separator, which is from a basic beginner's Gompy hair tab with the rubber foot cut off and the length shaped with a craft knife. The best tab I've used so far.

pHz

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
There are a couple of threads about my tab.
thanks leigh - id seen the threads about your tab (and remember a few others about individual tabs) but having searched on 'tab' and 'finger tab' and 'your tab' couldnt find a 'gallery' thread - just thought it might be cool to see how folks mod one of the most personal bits of kit

slainte :cheerful: rob

MarkH

My favorite tab:
1 x Pint Speckled Hen
1 x Pint Black adder
1 x Pint Black adder
1 x Jack Daniels

:thumbsup:

EVC

I have replaced the Joomong (large) leather tab with OB. I am liking it very much. Other than that I only trimmed the baking (and face). I have ordered some Saker's backings from Quicks though as I have read they are of better quality. I hope they get here in one week or so.

:beer::cake:

Elder.

geoffk

After seeing on the TV that people had quite wide finger spacers compared to my cheapo A+F tab, and the fact that I was forever knocking the arrow off the rest, I decided to make my spacer wider.

To start with I just used some masking tape, it worked, so I made a new spacer from Birch Plywood :)

really confortable, I cut a groove for the elastic, didnt drop the arrow once :)

When it was in bits, I went round the ally part with a file and sandpaper to knock all the cheap sharp edges off as well.

Moo-03

Fonz Awardee
i use the joomong and like the feel of it. the only things iv done to it so far is changed the silly finger strap to black elastic and thought id be clever and change the face with leather as the one that came on it strecht way out of shape. not knowing what i do now that the grain in the leather i used go's the wrong way so it dosnt do the job to well. iv now got the saker 1 face comin in the morning to replace my not so hand face( that'll teach me to be cheap lol).

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
If only I could.
I got home on Tuesday night and noticed that the tab pocket on my quiver was open. No tab. Aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparks

Arrived this afternoon in the post from Merlin. It's the large size, but it almost feels too small when holding it. Won't get to try it in anger till tomorrow, hopefully it'll feel different when actually shooting with it.

SilverArrows

Here's my contraption, I was using a Fivics Saker 3, although just couldn't get on with it. So I bought a new Cavalier cordovan face and made up a base plate to match the size and shape of my own hand, then nabbed a few bits from the fivics tab, drilled and tapped all the holes to screw everything together.
When I first used it I wasn't quite sure what to expect, only that its massively more comfortable than the Saker tab, nevertheless, I'm now shooting far better scores than I was with the Saker 3 and already done 2 PB's indoors using it.

I've been using this for about a month now and made a small adjustment to the finger spacing on the back, otherwise, very happy with the result!

Alun

I've only ever used the one tab, a Cavalier Elite, but find it extremely comfortable. I have modified it quite a bit, rubberizing both the finger spacer and the shelf.

tab2  2.jpg

efbe

are finger spacers, shelves and all the metal gubbins common higher up the archery standards?

I was told straight off by my trainer to ditch all that stuff, and stick to just a leather tab, so I could use my hand to gain better reference points, as you have the sensation of both face/chin and hand, rather than one against the tab only.

however everyone on this thread seems to have posted with shelves etc.

ThomVis

I have the same Joomong as EVC and Sparks in medium, but it came with a different finger spacer. Filed the spacer a but so it didn't "cut" into the webbing between my fingers, and replaced the finger strap with some thicker band from another tab. Also added 2x 1mm layers of leather to make a little thicker.
I have the shelf not very high, almost same height as top of finger spacer. This allows me to put my thumb on it, to gain the advantage efbe's trainer describes. I didn't like the feel of the cold hard shelf on my jaw.