Sight vibration

Little brian

Hi all, maybe a silly question but can anyone give me any tips for stopping the vibration on my s/f recurve sight ,tighten it but seems to start rattling after about 2 doz arrows, really bugging me !

Corax67

When you fitted it to your bow did it come with a thin piece of rubber backing for in between the sight block and riser ?

If not then a sliver of old bicycle inner tube is surprisingly effective at reducing shock/vibration loosening sight adjustment screws.

Always worth getting a second set of eyes to check the bow over to see what is causing the vibration in the first place as a well tuned & set up bow won't normally vibrate very badly during a shot cycle.

Karl

ThomVis

The throw-money-at-it-route would be to buy the metric version of the Doinker Pee Wee at Alternative. But sanity check on bow setup is advisable.

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Is it the main locking nut that holds the arm to the bracket on the riser that comes loose? If so its very common on "cheaper" sights.

Damping as much vibration out of your bow as possible will definitely help. Also worth looking at either adding some PTFE tape or light threadlock onto the main screw to give it a bit more bite and resist vibration loosening.

Little brian

Thank you for all your answers, l have put a piece of inner tube as suggested and seems to do the trick ! ��

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for all your answers, l have put a piece of inner tube as suggested and seems to do the trick ! 👍