Sights

LineCutter

In a fit of .... well I don't know what... last week I set off for the club without my sight. I had everything else, including my collection of spare bits of useful stuff.
It's only 20 yards - I'll make do & hang the laughter... so I did.

Now you know how to do it, all it takes is a broken wooden arrow, 5/16 nock & the insert for a ballpoint pen.
The groups were just as good, although the adjustment of point of aim is tricky when you get windage automatically with your vertical adjustments. :mind-blow

Old Bloke

I shot a 585 Portsmouth at Redruth in a league match (British Archer) with a Swan Vesta match one night.

phil_r_58

Supporter
Supporter
Ironman
An archer in our school eh OB ?? How many times have I had to improvise, when others would have just packed in and gone home. I have shot good scores with masking tape on the riser, and those plastic headed "map" pins for a sight.

During EFAC in Sweden in 1980ish, my release aid broke, and I had lent someone else my spare one. I used a bit of nylon cord that I used as a stringer for the compound. Made two loops, one smaller than the other and a round plastic disc to make a simple release aid, and shot PB scores with it.