Simple mistake costs me money.

philhoney

Hi,
Ever since myself and my family started shooting I have had a little one sided bet with my grandaughters that if they ever beat me on any shoot they would get ?10. It doesn't matter what distance was shot as long as we shot the same number of arrows.
Yesterday, as usual I was there for setting up the range and for some reason set up the junior target at the beginners distance of 20yds instead of the 30 they normaly shot. I was shooting at 60 and 50yds.
Nobody noticed the shorter distance even though the girls arrows were all going high. I helped them adjust their sights and within a dozen arrows they were shooting red or better.
I was having a terrible day.Two misses and a 1 with a sprinkling of 3s. Worse day I've had for ages. I ended up with 287/432.
The girls on the other hand were having fun and ended up with 291 and 307. THEY BOTH SCORED MORE THAN ME.
I'll never make that mistake again and the only thing I can put it down to is that I haven't had a ciggy since last tuesday and I may have been thinking about that.
Phil

Phil Reay

Serves you right on both accounts and don't even think of blaming the cigarettes. Gave up18 months ago and didn't make a stupid mistake like that. Just keep it up (not paying the money out, the non smoking)

philhoney

Are you telling the truth,,,,do the kids have to pay you if you beat them, hhmmm?
Hi,
I keep teasing them that they owe me a small fortune but most of the money they get goes into their bank accounts until "there's something they really need or want". Their words.
Phil

Darth Tom

My dad used to give me extra equipment funds every time we were both in a head to head competition and when the organiser shouted our family name and target, it was met with a scream of "WHICH ONE?!" from the opponent.

Barbaric_daisy

Also brought up as a shooting family, my Dad bet his new sight (that I wanted) on a double Fita score with me. I still have that sight!