Barebow Sold my Win & Win RCX-100 Riser on eBay - Buyer has issue with aluminium filings

Chris_Cryx

Hi there,

I recently sold my Win & Win Carbon RCX-100 Riser which was in immaculate condition - I hardly used it - but unfortunately the buyer has come back stating that when he adjusted the tiller on the riser with the limbs on it, fine pieces of aluminium came out from where he adjusted the adjusting bolts. He then unscrewed them completely and more fine pieces of aluminium came out. He stated that the threads in the riser didn't look good, and expects a partial refund. The buyer is suggesting that the thread was cut with an overly used tap which did then not give a nice sharp thread.

I had never really adjusted the tiller at all as I hardly used the riser and it was completely fine with my bow - I am a very inexperienced archer, so never felt the need.

Has anyone experienced this with this particular riser or any other Win & Win products?

Could anyone suggest what could be causing the problem?

Thanks

Badgers Dad

To be honest it sounds like he didn't undo the rear locking screw at the back of the limb bolt, the design of the limb bolt would effectively strip out all the thread if the locking screw wasn't released first.

EVC

The problem I reported on that thread is different from the described here. Like the one your sold the WinWin risers I own (the AXT and the Sebastien Flute Forged +) do release tiny pieces of aluminum when I adjust either poundage or alignment. The bolts are not very aluminum friendly. Someone mentions on that thread of mine that he puts some lubricant to reduce the attriction between bolts and riser. Anyway IMO your riser has no defect other than a weak design and manufacturing by WinWin.