spotting scope perspective

slartibartfast

Can some one help me with spotting scope perspective?

I am a left handed archer and when i look into my scope which is tilted toward me i see 3 o'clock as 2 and 12 o'clock as 11 and so on. I have tried telling myself that this is what i am seeing but i still find myself adjusting incorectly. Even when i put the scope upright i still have the same problem. I have tried putting the scope further out in front of me and further back still no luck.

cheers for any help you can give

Bald Eagle

I'm left handed too and my eyepiece is tilted but have never experienced your problem! What's it like when you look down into the scope?

slartibartfast

I dip my head to see through the scope and see roughly one section out. This first came to my attention when shooting a team round; when i called a 12 o'clock red as 11 o'clock and my team mate who was right handed called it as 1 o'clock

Flying Whale

Sounds like maybe something has got dislodged in the scope itself.

Someone at our club had his scope blow over. When it was righted, everything was rotated through alomst 90 degrees. I think one of the mirrors had come loose.

Might be worth checking out

not dead yet

Ironman
Sounds like maybe something has got dislodged in the scope itself.

Someone at our club had his scope blow over. When it was righted, everything was rotated through alomst 90 degrees. I think one of the mirrors had come loose.

Might be worth checking out
think i'd go for this idea too....

pete

buzz lite beer

I've had 3 angled scopes myself opticron, Vortex, and now a celestron, and along with every other angled scope I've looked through including a leica costing over ?1600 and unless there is a point of orientation visable and you aren't just zoomed in to the target face alone, I zoom out and include the flag on top of the target or the legs below, I get the same trouble as yourself, unless I stand directly behind the scope with the target, objective lens, eyepiece and my eye in a line.

Flying Whale

I've had 3 angled scopes myself opticron, Vortex, and now a celestron, and along with every other angled scope I've looked through including a leica costing over ?1600 and unless there is a point of orientation visable and you aren't just zoomed in to the target face alone, I zoom out and include the flag on top of the target or the legs below, I get the same trouble as yourself, unless I stand directly behind the scope with the target, objective lens, eyepiece and my eye in a line.
Perhaps you got blown over in the wind and your mirror shifted...?

paulhuk

Stick a flag into the top of the boss so that you have a reference to 12 o'clock and work from that.

[EDIT] Sorry, BLB, just re-rear your post. Doh!

slartibartfast

Thanks guys, both the Leica and the swart..ski (sorry can't spell it) both do the same and both have a fixed eye peice. neither of the scopes have been blown over; but i fall over all the time :)

C

Compound10

checked this out today and I'm a leftie too ... deffo upright.

tel

Fonz Awardee
ditto buzz - I regularly shoot with a club mate who never brings his scope to other than a comp. He'll ask on sighters "where's that?" and I'll give him my observation - usually wrong for the both of us unless I include something other than the target as a reference point.

slartibartfast

been looking again today and not wanting to loose position when shooting, to get right behind the scope; my only option i think is to offset the scope to see either top or bottom of the boss to give a reference; unless anyone has any better ideas

Mistake

Ironman
I get this issue when shooting outdoors, so i hardly use the scope any more.. as even at 100 yards i can pretty much see where my arrow hits the boss once the bow has finished dancing around