Squad Equipement?

greygoose

Hi All,
Just as a matter of interest, can anyone list any or all of the England recurve squad bows and accessories used?
Do the Archers have free choice in what they use?
Greygoose

Try looking on manufacturers web sites for "contingency payments" that is.. how much will the bow maker pay if you win using my bow at the highest level, that pretty much determines who shoots what, and with what, at the top!conversley other manufacturers pay out monthly , so take your pick!

A world cup win might be worth up to ?2.5K, before the event winnings kick in .

Hidden Hippo

Can't say for certain, but most that I'm aware of shoot a GMX/990TX combo. They're not forced to use a particular setup to my knowledge, and from chatting to one, he simply feels that the Hoyt setup shoots best.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Wasn't there an 'international' list compiled on here a while back? Quite interesting if I remember rightly.

tel

Fonz Awardee
thats the one I think HH - I'll check it out later as I had a few questions of my own! ;)

if you mean the england archers that shot in scotland then no, I would mean GBR , but if you mean those archers that are most likely to be representing England at the commonwealth games next year , then yes the england archers, am pretty sure that John shales isnt so far different in his choice of equipment , matt webb shoots a matrix with masters limbs, mr manning a helix with inno /winnex i think, pretty sure craig bowley is hoyt for riser and limbs ,sorry cannot help much with the ladies, Abi Clayton is hoyt i believe, but may be wrong, sorry for the confusion,
"very unlikely" to the extent of "no chance" that contingency payments would be made for a "Home nations " shoot, so that comment is irrelevant!

once again sorry for any confusion!

C

Cimbian

if you mean the england archers that shot in scotland then no, I would mean GBR , but if you mean those archers that are most likely to be representing England at the commonwealth games next year , then yes the england archers, am pretty sure that John shales isnt so far different in his choice of equipment , matt webb shoots a matrix with masters limbs, mr manning a helix with inno /winnex i think, pretty sure craig bowley is hoyt for riser and limbs ,sorry cannot help much with the ladies, Abi Clayton is hoyt i believe, but may be wrong, sorry for the confusion,
"very unlikely" to the extent of "no chance" that contingency payments would be made for a "Home nations " shoot, so that comment is irrelevant!

once again sorry for any confusion!
TFOT... Not irrelevant just badly worded... I was asking the question of the OP, not yourself. Sorry.

greygoose

Are you sure you mean ENGLAND archers, or GBR?
Hi Cimbian,
Either or both is OK with me as I have simply not come across this information previously.
Similarly, I would be interested in the same information for any other squads too.
Greygoose

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Cimbian,
Either or both is OK with me as I have simply not come across this information previously.
Similarly, I would be interested in the same information for any other squads too.
Greygoose
GG, it would be easier to just have a look at the latest pics on (link) Dutchtarget.com and see for yourself ...

sunmouse

From what I can tell, most of the GB recurve archers favour Hoyt risers (particularly the GMX) and Shibuya carbon Ultimas with Titan scopes.

Charlotte Burgess differs. She shoots a Hoyt riser with Sureloc Quest X, one of Sureloc's recurve sights. Both Alison Williamson and Alan Wills changed their risers from Hoyt Helix to GMX, although Alison has kept her Beiter stabiliser set.

This is all gleaned from Dutch target's World cup and Indoor championship pics.

On the compound side. Nicky Hunt shoots a Hoyt (I think) Vantage Pro (although it may be something else) with Axcell sight and Merlin tenzone! Nicola Simpson is still Hoyt archer with Sureloc sight. Chris Wells, Liam Grimwood and Duncan Busby favour Matthews bows.

If any of this is inaccurate then I stand corrected. This list is made up from stuff I've been looking at.

Hidden Hippo

From what I can tell, most of the GB recurve archers favour Hoyt risers (particularly the GMX) and Shibuya carbon Ultimas with Titan scopes.

Charlotte Burgess differs. She shoots a Hoyt riser with Sureloc Quest X, one of Sureloc's recurve sights. Both Alison Williamson and Alan Wills changed their risers from Hoyt Helix to GMX, although Alison has kept her Beiter stabiliser set.

This is all gleaned from Dutch target's World cup and Indoor championship pics.

On the compound side. Nicky Hunt shoots a Hoyt (I think) Vantage Pro (although it may be something else) with Axcell sight and Merlin tenzone! Nicola Simpson is still Hoyt archer with Sureloc sight. Chris Wells, Liam Grimwood and Duncan Busby favour Matthews bows.

If any of this is inaccurate then I stand corrected. This list is made up from stuff I've been looking at.
Last I knew Alison never changed from her Aerotec to a Helix, at least it looked like an Aerotec at Evesham, although that was November.

Nicky Hunt shoots a Hoyt Ultra Elite at 59lbs with SpiralX cams on a 27.5" (I think) draw length. Nichola Simpson is another Ultra Elite user.

I assume you mean Chris White when you say Chris Wells, as the latter shoots a recurve. Anyway, I think Chris shoots a Matthews Monster now, with Liam on an Apex, no idea about Duncan.

JohnK

Alison definitely shot a Helix last indoor season at least, and I'm fairly sure she was shooting one for a while before that.

Hidden Hippo

Alison definitely shot a Helix last indoor season at least, and I'm fairly sure she was shooting one for a while before that.
Ah, my mistake then. I could have sworn she was shooting an Aerotec, must be my dodgy eyes. I think it must have been the fact that she builds up the grip a lot which made it look fatter than the Helix grip.

sunmouse

Yes, it was Chris White, not Wells. He shoots a VERY fast Matthews Monster.

I've seen Alison shooting with the Helix (bow with a TEC bar at the back) but I think she has converted to a GMX, like some of the other archers.

Naomi is still sticking with the same riser which was also a Hoyt.

One of the things which I would like to know about is what release aids do the compound archers of the GB squad use?