Stalker quiver

Simon Banks

So having done field archery for two years (English longbow, wooden feather fletched arrows) I am now thinking about a new quiver.

Ideally
Secure arrows don't fall out when I bend over, walk through undergrowth or sit down etc.
Holding 9-12 arrows without knackering the feathers.
Waterproof gives rain protection for the fester fletchings
Left handed use and easy to select the correct arrow (I colour code them).

Now I've see a couple that look ideal they are called Stalker quivers in the states.. The leather ones are very expensive and shipping isn't cheap and the fabric ones are less expensive but because they are bowhunting equipment they are camo which I'm pretty neutral about.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riceburner

err - you've seen mine, you know it works, I've not got a patent on it......

For those who haven't: It's a telescoping arrow (document) tube with a hole cut in the side and a tube of clear plastic modified as a 'sleeve' to cover the hole.
I've made other improvements such as riveting the shoulder strap in place because I also use it as the arrow-transport when travelling by motorcycle so it needs to be a little stronger than standard.

To make it all up from scratch would probably cost less than ?30 if buying everything new. (I used odds and sods that were available to me so it cost me nothing but brain power).

Simon Banks

err - you've seen mine, you know it works, I've not got a patent on it......

Thanks RiceBurner.

For those who haven't: It's a telescoping arrow (document) tube with a hole cut in the side and a tube of clear plastic modified as a 'sleeve' to cover the hole.
I've made other improvements such as riveting the shoulder strap in place because I also use it as the arrow-transport when travelling by motorcycle so it needs to be a little stronger than standard.

To make it all up from scratch would probably cost less than ?30 if buying everything new. (I used odds and sods that were available to me so it cost me nothing but brain power).
The only thing that puts me off 'MacGuivering' one together is the time it will take to make it and faff around with it to make it usable.
I have had my eye on some very reasonably priced 6" plc air conditioning pipe which looks fit for purpose.. Maybe some camo tape/como fabric to make it look a little more fancy.

Still I guess it is the cheapest option.. No fancy leather etc.. Maybe I'll see if I can spec on out...

Riceburner

The only thing that puts me off 'MacGuivering' one together is the time it will take to make it and faff around with it to make it usable.
I have had my eye on some very reasonably priced 6" plc air conditioning pipe which looks fit for purpose.. Maybe some camo tape/como fabric to make it look a little more fancy.

Still I guess it is the cheapest option.. No fancy leather etc.. Maybe I'll see if I can spec on out...
Most of the 'faffing' is product development - learning what works and what doesn't. It's a necessary part of finding out what works for you.

FWIW mine was useable from day one, most of the updates have been optimisations figured out after usage.