Other Stopping Clicker Rattle/Buzz

Robaloba

Has anyone got any tips on stopping the rattle, buzzing noise from the clicker?
I have a Beiter clicker, if I bend in the opposite way without creasing it, it will give a positive click and not vibrate after the shot. Then after a few ends it will go back to normal, as it's tip is about a millimetre away from the riser.
Its not a big deal, but its the only thing on my bow that makes a rattling noise, I'd just like a positive click then peace.

Phil Reay

do what i did. take it off. couldn't hear it anyway being partially deaf so was always watching the clicker instead of the sight and target. didn't make a huge amount of difference to my scores anyway. shoot barebow now so not allowed one.

DK Lieu

I use two small pieces of aluminum, each around 1 mm thick. The larger piece has a hole in it, and is held in place on top of the clicker by its mounting screw. It acts as a leaf spring to hold the clicker down. The smaller piece is wedged between the larger piece and the clicker to create a bit of preload. Thin double-stick tape between all the surfaces keeps everything together, and also adds a bit of damping to keep the vibration down. The vibration from my clicker is minimal, and I don't have to pre-bend it.
Clicker modification1.jpg Clicker modification2.jpg

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
@DK Lieu. I like this idea.

Is your clicker normally extended that far or was just to show the idea. I thought they were better the nearer vertical they are.

Robaloba

Thank you for the ideas, the clicker is on the extension plate like D.K. Lieu, I have at the moment applied more pressure to the bend and its been fine for a few days. If it goes back to buzzing I will follow 'efbe' idea first, seems the most straight forward.
Thanks again for the help.

DK Lieu

@DK Lieu. I like this idea.

Is your clicker normally extended that far or was just to show the idea. I thought they were better the nearer vertical they are.
Those pictures were taken a few years ago when I was in Korea. My coaches were helping me adjust my form, and concluded that I was several mm over-drawn. My form is settled now, and my current arrows are a few mm shorter, so my clicker is now fully on the extension plate. I've read that a more vertical orientation for the clicker give a more consistent click, since that orientation is less susceptible to small variations in arrow geometry. But I've never noticed any ill effects from have the clicker out that far. In fact, some of the Korean kids had their clickers even further out, barely on the extension plate at all. The original reason I added the clicker rebound suppressor was because of a clearance problem I had a few years ago. I took some high-speed video of the arrow clearing the bow, and was surprised to see the clicker rebounding a couple of mm after it dropped. The rebound was high enough that I was concerned that it might hit a vane as the arrow tried to clear the bow. The rebound suppressor stopped the clicker from bouncing back, produced a more definite click, and reduced noise and vibration. In the end, it turned out that my clearance problem had nothing to do with the clicker rebound, but I kept the rebound suppressor anyway for its other positive effects.