Compound Bow String/cable sets from UK?

AndyW

Has anyone got any recommendations for UK made compound string sets as I'm bored of keep sending off to the U.S. I'm especially interested in if anyone has any pointers to those that will hold up as well as Winners Choice. I'm running through string / cables at an alarming rate so if anyone knows of some nice durable sets please post any pointers.
Thanks in advance.

Shirt

Simon Scott at Reign (www.reign-bowstrings.com) is good, so is Greg Hill (Greg's String Specials).

There are other UK stringmakers but I'd put those two at the front of the pack. Tell them exactly what the bow is, and where the cables are wearing, and they'll usually be able to do something about reducing the wear. I think that both of them will fit the strings for you if you send them the bow, so they can check it over and look at what's causing wear - if it's just in a single point, have you checked the cam for sharp edges? Assume you've served through the cable slide/roller guard/etc.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with or sponsored by either of these guys, because I tend to mess with cable lengths to try stuff out so make my own. However, having seen both their work, it's a lot better than mine...

niceguy

I used to use Vapor trail strings from the US but now use Reign strings/cables instead. Nothing wrong with vapor trail but they are getting expensive and the overseas shipping was getting too much hassle. The sets I've had from Reign are as good if not better than any others I've used and at a sensible price. look at the reviews on Simon's facebook page.

babylon5

Top Meerkat!
Supporter
Ironman
Simon Scott - Reign Bowstrings - is my recommendation. Good quality strings/cables, and good service. (And like Shirt I'm not affiliated to or sponsored by them).

AndyW

Thanks all, sorry for the late response - been away from pc. It looks like Mr. Scott then. Ironically I was shooting with a guy from Merlin on Sunday and he couldn't have spoken higher about Reign also.
Thanks Again.
P.S. Shirt - it's a Martin Shadowcat so it's just the nature of the beast, there's nothing untoward but that's a good tip on mentioning it to the maker to see what he can do. As it rolls over the cam the servings separated so as there's about 1cm showing bare strands. I won't mention the maker as that would be unfair.