Compound Bow String stop or not ? (On a prevail)

Hi Everyone,

was wondering how many people had a Hoyt prevail , and paid the extra ?70 to get a string stop for it ?(as it didn?t come with one)
if so did it make that much difference ?
i have Hurd its should make the bow quieter and quicker ???

Thanks in advance

JB

Lammas

i have Hurd its should make the bow quieter and quicker ???
I suppose this is a myth.
It gives you a different/specific feeling on full draw.
As for myself, I very much dislike mushy backwalls like with the Infinite Edge, where you can get almost an extra half inch when pulling harder.
Limb stops supposedly create a "harder" backwall than string stops.
I would suggest to get to your dealer, and try it out.

... was wondering how many people had a Hoyt prevail , and paid the extra ?70 to get a string stop for it ?
Welcome to the world of Hoyt ...

I suppose this is a myth.
It gives you a different/specific feeling on full draw.
As for myself, I very much dislike mushy backwalls like with the Infinite Edge, where you can get almost an extra half inch when pulling harder.
Limb stops supposedly create a "harder" backwall than string stops.
I would suggest to get to your dealer, and try it out.

Welcome to the world of Hoyt ...

Thanks for getting back to me but i was not on about the back wall its great on the prevail , with the six cams you cam either have a solid or soft back wall ....
i like a hard back wall, and its great on that bow

i was on about the string stop , on a prevail they dont come with one , its an extra ....i was wondering if its worth getting one ?

chuffalump

I guess my question on your intro post is answered.

I thought about getting one for my Origin but I don't care about the noise and I find it hard to believe there is any improvement in arrow separation from a stopper unless it was a dual stop, above and below. Even then I'd be dubious without professional testing.

I guess my question on your intro post is answered.

I thought about getting one for my Origin but I don't care about the noise and I find it hard to believe there is any improvement in arrow separation from a stopper unless it was a dual stop, above and below. Even then I'd be dubious without professional testing.

Think i might just go and get one and see for myself .... i need all the help i can get ....lol

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
they don't sell it with, and most of the top guys & gals don't shot it with... that should tell you a lot.

they don't sell it with, and most of the top guys & gals don't shot it with... that should tell you a lot.

I agree with what you are saying , and you are correct none of the top shooters in the world archery series appear to be using them , but there are only shooting 50 meters , i was wondering if it would help over longer distances ??? I dont know how it would make a difference bu i was wondering!!

Shirt

Yes, they're 'only' shooting 50m, but their objective is not to drop any points over a 720 round. It's roughly equivalent to nothing less than a 58 at 90m (and even then, not many of those!)

I'd say that's a fairly strong indication that it's not going to give you any free points. Might make your bow feel different/better and therefore you score more because you're happier with that feel, but from a purely "will this make my score better because the bow is more accurate" perspective: no.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I made one for my Hoyt Podium a couple of years ago as the hum from the string after the shot was annoying. It worked great. Made absolutely no difference to group size. One thing I did notice that in summer with short sleeves I would sometimes flick my forearm with the string. Only ever happened on the Podium. The string stop stopped it completely. So if you have a closed form and sometimes clip your forearm, but are otherwise very happy with your form, it may help.

I bought one. Can?t say I noticed a difference so it?s now in the parts drawer...

Well in have now got one and kinda agree with you ,
if i had to say it made a change , the bow is a bit quieter

I didn?t notice it , but people who shoot with me did...
shot a long national comp at the weekend and the people on the line with me did say the bow was a bit quieter , but personally I haven?t noticed a difference

so it a ?70 noise reducer , at least the paper targets won?t here me shooting at them at 100 yards ..... lol

but it dose look good....