Thumb Trigger T.R.U. Ball 'Little Boss' Release Aid - a brief review.

Rheingold

I've been through more release aids in the last 5 years that I dare remember but, at last, Perfection with a capital 'P' - well, for me anyway....

Understand I am not a seasoned reviewer, but if I come across an item or a service I think is worth passing-on, then I'll do so as is the case here.

The T.R.U. Ball 'Little Boss' which I currently use is by far the most sensibly designed, in my view, and the easiest to use. I consider the release aid to be one of the most important (if not THE most important) component in the compound archery chain. If the release aid interferes in any way with the arrow AT release, your shot will be compromised.

Several features of this device persuaded me to buy one 'on spec', not least it is a three finger device: I have small hands and prefer to leave the pinky finger free. As you will see from the photo of the item, I shoot left-handed, but the one feature I really do like is the 360 degree revolving jaw which ensures that the 'D' Loop is never twisted from the vertical. What real difference this feature makes I'll likely never know, but scientifically it must be of benefit not to have the 'D' loop twisted at full draw as is the case with certain other release aids.

Cocking the device is a dream and is achieved by squeezing the lever at the back (having previously located the open jaws around the 'D' Loop) The thumb release is fully adjustable for sensitivity and trigger travel with two socket heads.

Use of 'Loctite' or similar thread locking 'glue' is strongly recommended.

The 'Little Boss' release aid is available (in the UK anyway) for under ?100. A 'snip at the price' as they say.

I hope these few lines are of some help to those facing the dilemma of 'which release aid shall I buy.'

Rheingold.

Attachments

Trev L

I too have small hands (size 7). Do you think this would be suitable for me, it would be my first hand held release?