Tab glove issues

Craig75

I'm a right hand archer and shoot barebow, I've been shooting with a glove for the past few years and have recently tried to change to a tab, my problem is that when I shoot with the tab all my arrows group to the right of the gold spot by about 8" at all distances but when I use the glove they all group center .
Am I missing something and why is this happening, I've tried several different things to try and correct this but always get the same result .
Any help would be appreciated

Craig75

This is the reason I want to change to a tab but I don't understand why they go to the right...
I haven't played with the plunger yet as it's set up nicely for when I shoot with a glove..

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
A faster loose means your arrows can be behaving weaker (moving right for a right handed archer). They'll come off the tab differently to the glove with less deflection left/right at the back end. The tab will have marginally altered your anchor point. There are a lot of reasons. New kit takes time to get used to. A tune check is a good start.

Craig75

Where would be a good place to start.
Would weakening the plunger spring help, I spent a couple of hours with my local archery shop tuneing the bow and making sure everything is aligned.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
If you are right handed, weakening the button would probably make it worse. You could try stiffening the button slightly. But I'd suggest getting someone you shoot with regularly to check how your anchor has changes and see how your arrows are flying.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I agree with everything TT has mentioned and would add something that might be relevant. Is your tab several layers thick? If so, when your hand is in the same place on your face, the string will be further to your left. It would be worth checking your string picture at full draw to see if the blur is where it is when shooting a glove. Perhaps try a tab with a single layer; just to double check.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I have three spig tabs for barebow. One is much thicker as I thought I would see what the difference was as I shoot very thin tabs. The thicker tab moves the group significantly left.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I wonder if the thick tab is giving similar results to the glove? Thin tab shoots right of glove and right of thick tab. Perhaps Craig is using a thin tab and a thick one will give a closer match to his glove??
Perhaps it is stiffness rather than thickness causing the differences.

Craig75

I'm using the axcel contour tab and it's quite thick ...with three layers of protection . I've also tried my other tabs which are considerably thinner and getting the same results ..I'm still grouping my arrows but to the right.
I checked the spring in my plunger button and it was the weakest spring so I've changed to a stiffer spring but can't get to the range until the weekend.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
A stiffer button, in theory, should move the arrows further left than at present, but probably move the groups shot with the glove to the left of the gold, on that setting.
As TT suggested, get someone to watch and see if the arrows fly any differently. You don't want to spoil your groups to correct something that wasn't wrong in the first place.
You may have to accept that the glove and tab will give different left/right results. You might find one button setting is better for the tab and another is better for the glove. If you note what changes you make you can set things back where they were if necessary.