"Tailored" Shorts

ExiledTaff

I notice from the latest edition of Archery UK that amongst the proposed rule changes, GNAS are amending the clothing rule (307) to add the word "tailored" before shorts.

Does anyone know the exact definition of "Tailored Shorts" ?

In the hot weather I usually wear white rugby shorts to shoot in, and do not see anything wrong with them. Would these be classed as "tailored" ?

MINIMike

Probably not.

Most golf clubs allow tailored shorts during the summer. 'Tailored' meaning shorts with a zipped fly, belt loops and pockets. Basically the top half of a pair of trousers.

ExiledTaff

Probably not.

Most golf clubs allow tailored shorts during the summer. 'Tailored' meaning shorts with a zipped fly, belt loops and pockets. Basically the top half of a pair of trousers.
If you're correct, that means more expense.

What difference does a "zipped fly and belt loops" make to shooting ?

MINIMike

Belt loops make no difference to shooting whatsoever.

Zipped flies may effect your shooting depending on whether you got anything stuck when putting your shorts on! :eye-poppi

Bald Eagle

I think it's something to do with etiquette, looking smart on the shooting line, not looking like the average Brit at the airport going on holiday in his local football teams strip, you can pick them out a mile away. Let's have a bit of finesse on the line, show other sports how it's done, we have loads of options now the new team colours have been introduced so why would anyone want to wear "rugby" shorts for archery?

Graham D

Anyone know where you can get "tailored shorts" in green or white, unless you hack around a pair of Quicks trousers, or go to a bowls shop? - and then they are Polyester - yuk!

Graham.

J

John (OSF)

I'm really sad that my hobby is so hung up on this crazy subject.

A daft colour that only a judge can define, and now they introduce another variable 'tailored shorts' .

I wonder what'll happen to the 'workwear' archers in their 'gray bags ' as it looks like they've been selected for the 'treatment' this year

I'll just be 'sweating it out' in my tailored quicks whites (?35.00) again this year.

When is gnas going to have a range of clothing we can buy from them direct and remove all the doubt, than we could just get on with the shooting

sorry about the rant :blush:

SLOWHAND

If you're correct, that means more expense.

What difference does a "zipped fly and belt loops" make to shooting ?
Coz then you dont look like a Rugby player who's wandered on to the line from the next field, picked up a bow and decided to have a go.

danda

"Tailored Shorts" Sounds dangerously close to "smart casual." But a short step from the tragic yacht club / cruise liner look. Blue blazers, cravats and peaked sailors' hats.

We would all do well to look to our American cousins. Outlandish golf trouserage in McColourblind tartan is the only way to go.