Tell us about your Achievements

steve Morley

medal.jpg

Picked this up the other week in France with the CV-H limbs in Barebow div, been a bit crazy since I got back home, busy building courses for Estonian Open/National Fields this weekend.

I only switched to Stringwalking in Dec so it was an unexpected and happy result

ChakaZulu

Just back from 2 weeks in Hungary. First was the Kassai World Cup, in which I finished mid table with a PB of 82 (previously 65). Then came the Hungarian Open. Again mid table, but would have been higher but for the stomach bug that I had for that week. Stomach cramps and the runs are no good on a galloping horse!

Came 9th out of 30 in the hail of arrows event, which involves a 120m track with targets at 30m and 90m. For the first 60m you shot forwards at the target closing from 90m to 30m away. Then you twist in the saddle and shot backwards at a target receding from 30m to 90m. A fast bow helps with this! Luckily I had my new Ghillie Dhu, which drew considerable attention from some of the best in the world.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Valkamai

Very minor compared to a lot of the achievements on here but I shot my first ifaa shoot a couple of weeks ago with my hex 5's, got 331 on the field course and 368 on the hunter round making B class in both for barebow. I was really pleased especially as I shoot a fita barebow rather than an ifaa one. Looking forward to my first fita field round with the hexs to see if the limbs can help increase my scores. No harm in hoping is there!!!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
A very odd weekend of shooting, but I had an invitation to the Worshipful Company of Fletchers sponsored shoot at Royal Tox on Saturday. Hex BB2s were fabulous as usual and for once I lived up to them winning the Ladies' Recurve with a solid GMB score. And it was a lot of fun.
Today it was the other side of the country at the Gloucestershire Clout. Once again the Hex6 were totally on the ball and I won for the 4th year in a row. In fact, they were so accurate that I was hitting the flag too often and the arrow would bounce out of the scoring zone! I'll have to get a handle on that asap!

Thanks Border. Couldn't do it without you!

ChakaZulu

GP Medal.jpg

After 10 events in 3 national stages over 6 months, Team GB (captained by yours truly wielding his trusty Ghille Dhu) finished second in the European Horseback Archery Grand Prix Series. We had a comfortable lead over 3rd placed Sweden and were the only country to beat the Poles in any event. Lots more interest in the bow as more and more people get to see it and have a play...

ChakaZulu

Last event of the season: BHAA National Championships. I won the Hungarian and Korean events and was second in the Mamluk, which was good for overall champion for the second year running. The country's only other mounted Ghillie Dhu user came 6th in the Korean. We're spreading...

Korean horseshoe.jpg Plate.jpg

The beautifully hand-painted horseshoes for event winners were kindly supplied by Hoofing Horseshoes. Hope nobody minds the plug for another Scottish business!

ChakaZulu

Not my achievement but thought you'd be interested to know that Katrina Kruse of Australia, one of the first mounted archers to use the Ghillie Dhu, took silver in the team masahee event at the World Championships in Seoul this weekend.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
After a tricky day at the British Clout Championship I've taken the Ladies' Recurve Trophy (for the 6th time) and achieved my final GMB score for 2014.

Hex 6 BB2 on a Greenhorn Sirius. Lovely to shoot as well as making the scores happen. Couldn't do it without Border.

dfrois

Supporter
Supporter
Well, I hesitated a bit to post this, since my achievements are nowhere near those of all the great shooters in this thread, but they are my achievements, and they were done with Border gear, so...I am doing my maiden year at our Indoor National Championships, and come 2nd in my first ever competitive shoot, 4th in the second shoot, and the third will be next Sunday. Spigarelli Revolution 25", with my most prized archery-related objects, a pair of Border Talisman Gold TX40, shorts, 38#. As Timid Toad said so well, "I couldn't have done it without Border!"

Daniel Fr?is

dfrois

Supporter
Supporter
poorly, not porrly...poor excuse, but it's the truth!

Final follow-up...after a championship with ups and a couple of downs, I managed to get into the top four, and therefore into the Final Round, which is a format of shoot-offs (set system) between the top four in each class/division for the title of National Champion.

I am happy that I got there, and didn't really expect much else on my maiden year in competition. The other 3 shooters were all present or past National Champions, with several years and titles of experience, and I'm a rookie.

But I did manage to win my semi-final, against the reigning Outdoor Champion (who was having a bad day, and shooting much worse than usual), and got to the Final! Sadly, I lost... by 4-6, against the reigning Indoor Champion. Did a 30 on the final, but shot poorly on the last two sets, and lost. Came close, though...still with my marvellous TX40s, that shove the 2114 X7s so hard into the targets that the foam is usually displaced a bit! Shooting without a clicker, and anchoring at the side of the mouth, I guess I have to be happy with this result on my first year. But it is hard coming in second, especially after coming so close.

So, thank you, Border. My limbs may not be last generation, but I wouldn't trade them for anything else on that shooting line, not even EX Primes or WiaWis. There were no Hexxes there, unfortunately...but there were eyebrows raised at my bow!

DF

Last edited:

briantodd

This year I shot my border hawk to 343 yards with a flight arrow to break the under 50lb American flat bow record, great bow. On another note I completely destroyed my hex 5 limbs, they exploded when shooting a140 grain arrow at over 110lb draw weight.

Attachments

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Congrats on the AFB record...but I think you're a couple of grains outside the HexV warranty!

briantodd

Thanks timid, the hex limbs were great. It's a shame it broke but the event was epic.i really wish someone was recording it but alas not the case. I can now at least cut sections of the broken limb for analysis without challenging my sanity at destroying another set.

JohnK

Minor achievements compared with some, but I'm getting on very well with my Tempest 25in and CV-H limbs.

Today, for the club round of the month, I broke another club barebow record, this time for the WA60 round. I shot 424, which was not only enough to come second overall based on handicap adjusted scores, but also good enough to beat the two other archers shooting the WA60 with target recurve set-ups.

The Tempest is definitely the best barebow riser I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. So well balanced, and so good on the shot.

JohnK

Minor achievements compared with some, but I'm getting on very well with my Tempest 25in and CV-H limbs.

Today, for the club round of the month, I broke another club barebow record, this time for the WA60 round. I shot 424, which was not only enough to come second overall based on handicap adjusted scores, but also good enough to beat the two other archers shooting the WA60 with target recurve set-ups.

The Tempest is definitely the best barebow riser I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. So well balanced, and so good on the shot.