the journey of a 1000 miles begins with you getting off the couch

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
so ... what to dribble about today?
well, I'm back to archery now almost 3 months. my cut price gym membership has been thoroughly abused, my bow has been overhauled and two coaches are watching me with the same intensity as north korean border guards watch pole vaulting teams practicing near the South korean border! I shoot 3 times a week and I'm back making stuff like strings.

Has any progress been made yet?

Well in the last week I've completed the 252 challenge at blue (50 yrds) and at red (60yrds). Still some wild shots that is more to do with my body just not being archery fit but you have to be heartened at 60 yrd when you place 4 consecutive shots in the 10 ring. bow arm stability has never been better, I have new anchor references that are working and I've found my passion for archery again - tbh I restarted due to IRL circumstances but the fire is back.

I've got field party duties coming up in the next month (4 full days) so its my intention to pack the bow and get some blank boss shot while the competition is on. couple of hundred arrows a day should help fitness. I can also reconnect with all those people on the line in desperate need of my company :rotfl:

in other words ... all good and progress is being made