The Preston Connection

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Is it just coincidence that so many of you are from the Preston area, or did United Utilities put something in the Ribble?</p>

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
The board was started by members of The Bowmen of Pendle & Samlesbury, who are in the Preston area. Though one sneaky Yorkshiremen ended up with moderator rights! ;)

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
TJ Mason - 17/4/2005 12:18 AM The board was started by members of The Bowmen of Pendle & Samlesbury, who are in the Preston area. Though one sneaky Yorkshiremen ended up with moderator rights! ;)
</p>

<font size="2">Hehe, consider them revoked until you move to Lancashire ;)</font></p>

<font size="2">I think there's only three members of P&S on the board from Preston?- myself, Doc_Haynes and KevinH so that's not too many from Preston. And judging by Doc's and Kevin's accents I don't think they're originally from?the <strike>town</strike> erh... city?(though I could be wrong!)</font></p>

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Dave - 17/4/2005 12:30 AM <font size="2">I think there's only three members of P&S on the board - myself, Doc_Haynes and KevinH so that's not too many from Preston. And judging by Doc's and Kevin's accents I don't think they're originally from?the <strike>town</strike> erh... city?(though I could be wrong!)</font>
</p>

Three's not too many?! Any more than one is too many!! ;) I can say that as an honorary citizen of Penwortham and Preston without offending anyone ;)??I served my sentence there.</p>

Shame on you, Dave! You should know better...(pssst, it's?been a?city for 3 years!).</p>

Doc_Haynes

Dave's right I'm not from Preston. Originally born in Brum, where I spent the first 16 years of my life although my home remained there for 27 years. Spent about 20 years on the south coast, mainly in the Portsmouth area, 5 years at Swaffham in Norfolk and a total of about 8 years in Scotland on and off, and 2 years in Singapore. Moved to Preston about 12 years ago (my sentence is obviously longer than Clickerati's!).

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Here's the plan, Doc...</p>

I'll bake a?file in a cake (hmm, this job might require a chainsaw) and I'll be waiting for you at the city limits (yes, Dave, it's a city!) with?the getaway car ;)</p>

You must've been baaaaaad to get a sentence like that. I thought mine was bad, but it looks like I got off lightly!! ;)</p>

Although...shhh...I do miss Booth's ;)</p>

Doc_Haynes

Unfortunately it's a life sentence, with no time off for good behaviour! But I do like the cake idea tho', with a few pounds of TNT in it so I can start tunnelling.

Clearly we need to work on your aim, if you're missing Booth's!

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Doh!...I walked right into that one, Doc! </p>

But another crack about my aim and I'm not only withholding the cake, but the TNT!! You'll have to dig yourself outta that life sentence with a spoon (and I have it on good authority that northerners don't eat their cake with a spoon, so you'll have one free for digging!) ;)</p>

Furface

Supporter
Funnily enough I too am a sneaky Yorkshire dweller who has risen to be a moderator. But, spookily enough, I lived near Preston till I was 12, and my father shot somewhere in the area. So perhaps drinking Ribble water does have an effect.