Titan Recurve Sight

radsbow

Has anyone got one of the Titan recurve sights? and if so what do you think of it? Do you know where I can order one? Also, have you any thoughts / preferences on using dots, rings or fibres and any particular size for the dots/rings.

Your help is appreciated.

radsbow

Yea I like to use a ring. I currently use a small 8mm Beiter ring, but am thinking of trying a Titan, with a small ring on the actual lens.

Is it Marcus that runs Urban Archery?

Field Archer

I bought one from Marcus at Urban just over two years ago.
Leigh Cornish, who owns Titan in Australia has now set up some dealerships around the world, Wales Archery are the UK distributors, they can be contacted on 01291 420321

When I first bought it, I used the fibre pin, for those that like a centre dot it?s great. I found myself over aiming, so I tried a circle instead, this was better, but I ended up using it without anything, just a big open aperture. This works for me on target, field and 3D.

Marcus26

That is the great thing about the Titan recurve, you can get a really good blend of sighting options. If you are unsure then buy one with a blank lens and (or just a stuck on circle) and buy a packet of Gunstar labels. You can then stick on different sized rings or dots and find the one that really works well for you.

My wife shoots one with a circle. It gives her a free floating circle with the same view as she has on her compound. She loves it.

Yes I work at Urban Archery. :)

radsbow

Marcus26 said:
If you are unsure then buy one with a blank lens and (or just a stuck on circle) and buy a packet of Gunstar labels. You can then stick on different sized rings or dots and find the one that really works well for you.
What a fantastic idea :)

peeptheduck

Hi there!

What a great chance for my first thread!!
Yes, I shoot with a titan scope. New Christmas pressie from my v generous mum. :D It really is a great piece of kit. I have one with a red optic in the middle, but that's because I managed to get one second hand but I know they're about £50/£60 from Wales archery. The problem I found when speaking to them, is that if you had too specific a requirement, they didn't hold the stock, so would have to get it ordered in. Shouldn't take too long to arrive though.

Grant Womack is the person I always speak to about things like this, as he's an Ozzie. You here Grant...?

Here's a quick photo. Let me know if you want more! And like it's been said, you can always add stick on rings to the scope, and remove the pin.

Last edited:

Marcus26

peeptheduck said:
The problem I found when speaking to them, is that if you had too specific a requirement, they didn't hold the stock, so would have to get it ordered in. Shouldn't take too long to arrive though.
This is always a problem with products with a huge variety of options, and for a long time Titan only sold one colour of Target scope.
However as people become more willing to wait for a specific colour Titan has met the demand.
It can be worth it. A blue Titan can really setoff a bow, or a red titan on a red bow etc.
Pay attention to your bubble colours too. I have a Black Housing with a Red bubble and my Titan 3D LE is silver with a blue bubble. (you can't get Silver anymore. They were limited edition and numbered. I have 01. :) )

Good combinations also include a blue scope and red bubble
Red scope and blue bubble
Black scope and blue bubble

Also pay attention to your other accessories. Use green fletches go a green bubble on a black scope.

Of course these aint the recurve ones, but same rules apply.

BTW check out some of the big names using Titan Scopes.
http://www.titanscopes.com

D

Deleted member 74

I've got two of them - one for indoors and one for outdoors. I have the indoors one set with a slightly larger circle than outdoors and that sems to work perfectly for me. Both of them have had the orange circle replaced with a black one as I found the orange circle got lost too easily in the red. Others I've shot with found the orange circle to be perfect for their requirements, since it is less obtrusive. So it's a matter of personal preference.
When I bought mine, I ordered them both from Marcus at Urban Archery. They were shipped directly from Leigh. Any problems I had (one arrived with a scratch in the lens) were solved immediately - Leigh sent me out a new lens the same day. Brilliant customer service and a brilliant product. The price is more than made up for by those two aspects. :D

tel

Fonz Awardee
Minor diversion - I have seen that these scopes have full FITA approval for use on recurve. Does it necessarily follow that they have GNAS approval?

tel

D

Deleted member 74

A national organisation cannot overrule a decision made by an international organisation; id est, it is legal for FITA therefore it must be legal for GNAS.
I had a quick letter in AUK a couple issues back about it. Judges don't question its presence any more. :)

cliveanne

Ironman
My Good Lady has a "Booster" from Merlin it can be used on either recurve or compound just change the thread holder, job done. The drawback is, you have to remove the whole lot unless you cn get a new clamp (On the riser) made, as Merlin do not sell them as spares. But it is a great sight t use.

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Got mine from Lancasters, $70 plus shipping.

0.02" fibre optic, probably should have gone for the 0.04".

Mick

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I got a blue one direct from Leigh Cornish at Titan. It cost £46 and took two weeks to get round the world by regular air mail, but it was well worth it for me. Very well made, and stops me from overaiming. All my PBs were shot with it (though it's been a while since I got near my PBs...:( ). I wouldn't say the Titan is for everyone -- it's probably best to make yourself a prototype so you can try before you buy.

Last edited:

radsbow

Just ordered one 5 mins ago - can't wait to get my hands on it and have a play - perhaps that does not sound so right :blush: !!