Tuning forks?

jonUK76

Superb I would say. He sounds like a very decent fella.

One particularly annoying case was when the sender put the insurance value ($1000 IIRC) on the customs form instead of the true value ($10, I think). There was nothing that I could do so I told them to keep it and ordered another one, telling the vendor to be more careful filling out the forms.
So I guess they wanted to charge you duty, handling charge, and £100+ in VAT on a $10 item?? :LOL: Sounds like the actions of an inexperienced seller hoping to make a profit on an insurance claim if the item goes missing, without realising the other effects of doing this. The Chinese know where it's at - it's remarkable how many $15 gifts they send around the world...

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
What an excellent video explanation. Thanks for posting the video dottorfoggy. I have set my recurve alignment with the 'tuning Forks'. So now I will double check the limb alignment using the information in the video - long rod and Beiter blocks. Just to check the accuracy of the Tuning Forks. The explanation given by Kaminsky about clear coat thickness variations does make sense.

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
This morning I did a double check with my Tuning Forks and my Beiter blocks. Absolutely spot on according to both and the string aligned with the centre of my Fiberbow S3 longrod. Using my 'modified' viewing method when using the Tuning Forks I can make sure the string is also aligned with the limb bolts in my riser giving me another 'datum point' to use. I would be very surprised given the accuracy of CNC machining in manufacturing today if there were any 'accidental' misalignment of the location of the limb bolts from the centre line of a recurve riser (damage and distortion of the riser being an exception). I accept that the contact points, during shooting, between limb pocket and limb surface can and does cause wear sometimes uneven wear and could lead to false readings with the tuning forks, but archers should inspect their equipment to make sure there is no serious damage. Still it is a good video regarding limb alignment. I look forward to the forthcoming videos in the series.