Twisted nocks and other shapes

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Hi mbaker74, bimble mentioned those and I'd buy a pack just to see what they do except the size compatible with ACEs and g nocks no longer seems to exist.
Have you ever used them? If so, any comments? The other forums seem very polarised about them though most of the posts are long enough ago that if they did increase spin rate dramatically on a recurve, and that in turn also improved arrow flight, they'd be everywhere (especially at 70m where stability in the wind without extra drag is valuable).
Nope never used them, never even seen them myself. I did once meet a lady on an advanced coaching course that swore by a certain nock which had an inner "grip" section inside the main nock, the theory was that somehow the acceleration of the arrow made the "grip" part let go of the string so you got a cleaner release. Both myself and the instructor at the time thought that there was more chance of inconsistency in these due to having moving plastic parts, than a nice reliable plastic easton or Beiter nock... Wish I could remember the name of them, seemed like a daft idea to me though...

Back to turbonocks, I think that if they were actually proven to make any difference, the pros would use them to gain one or two points over a round, and the majority of pro shooters that I have looked at seem to favour Beiter nocks.....

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I did once meet a lady on an advanced coaching course that swore by a certain nock which had an inner "grip" section inside
I know the ones you mean, likewise I can't remember what they were called...

Back to turbonocks, I think that if they were actually proven to make any difference, the pros would use them to gain one or two points over a round, and the majority of pro shooters that I have looked at seem to favour Beiter nocks.....
This ^^ Where points are important, if it worked the pros would be using them and the main manufacturers would be making copies.

AndyW

Regarding spinning the shaft - turbo points were another one that had a brief flurry of excitement then died off.
As for stuff that might actually be useful ( field perspective ) if i used a release and was shooting a drop away I would be giving FOBs a go - they look a lot less hassle than keep fletching arrows and are said to be pretty good.